BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Sandwichbike WF1. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- The ride-experience on the Sandwichbike was characterized as being comfortable and forgiving, due to the natural properties of the wooden frame. One owner said it offered a fun, relaxed daily ride.
- The Sandwichbike is built around a DIY concept. Assembly was easy and quick. The bike comes with all required tools, video instructions and a comprehensive manual.
- It is a unique bicycle design. Owners called it striking and noted that it drew a lot of attention.
- Reportedly, this bike handles well. Riders called it manouevrable, responsive and reactive.
- Schwalbe Big Apple 26” tires were durable, resilient and comfortable.
- Customizability is a hallmark of this bike. Using specialized printing techniques; custom designs, artwork or branding can be transferred to the plywood frame.
- The Sandwichbike attempts sustainability in manufacturing processes. Plywood is locally sourced from sustainable Beechwood harvesting, with manufacture on-site. Parts of the bike are recyclable.
- Framework is constructed from weather-coated plywood and aluminum cylinders. This material contributed to a stiff but forgiving ride.
2 reasons not to buy
- At 37 pounds, the Sandwichbike’s weight puts it in the same class as a beach cruiser.
- Although the Sandwichbike’s distribution system omits the middleman, price is still relatively high, due to small production numbers and a boutique design.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
I expected a great looking bike but I fell in love with it because of the ride… The Sandwichbike is a unique bicycle that is delivered in a box and customers have to assemble it on their own. I not only like the bike, I like the whole concept…
The trip where three friends ride the bike all the way from the Netherlands to Denmark. 800 km over 4 1/2 days to check that the bike can hold.
Un vélo en bois à monter soi-même ! (A wooden bike to build yourself!)
In terms of comfort, the wood actually serves you well, in that it is both rigid and responsive.