Where to buy
If this bikes is out of stock, take a look at our other hightly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commissions. Learn More
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Sandwichbike WF1. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- The ride experience on the Sandwichbike was characterized as being comfortable and forgiving, due to the natural properties of the wooden frame. Owners said it offered a fun, relaxed daily ride.
- The Sandwichbike is built around a DIY concept. Assembly is easy and quick. The bike comes with all required tools, video instructions and a comprehensive manual.
- It is a unique bicycle design. Owners called it striking and noted that it drew a lot of attention.
- Riders reported that the Sandwichbike was manouevrable, responsive and reactive.
- Schwalbe Big Apple 26” tires were durable, resilient and comfortable.
- Customizability is a hallmark of this bike. Using specialized printing techniques; custom designs, artwork or branding can be transferred to the plywood frame.
- The Sandwichbike attempts sustainability in manufacturing processes. Plywood is locally sourced from sustainable Beechwood harvesting, with manufacture on-site. Parts of the bike are recyclable.
- The framework is constructed from weather-coated plywood and aluminum cylinders. This material contributes to a stiff yet forgiving ride.
2 reasons not to buy
- At 37 pounds, the Sandwichbike’s weight puts it in the same class as a beach cruiser.
- Although the Sandwichbike’s distribution system omits the middleman, price is still relatively high, due to small production numbers and a boutique design.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Best Single Speed and Fixed Gear Bikes
Single speed and fixed gear bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores