Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ribble Endurance SL e. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- With slick aero framework, the Endurance SL e looks like any non-electric road rig.
- This bike’s light weight makes it easy to maintain high speeds on fast flats.
- Acceleration is vigorous, with owners saying the Endurance SL e ‘leaped’ up hills.
- Owners reported good range distances, from 55 to 83 miles over hilly terrain.
- The Ebikemotion system is intuitive and customizable, with the Ebikemotion app.
- An additional battery pack attaches easily, for extra ride time and distance.
- Reviewers said the Endurance SL e is easy to pedal without electric assistance.
- Experts said the high-end spec represented “serious” value for money.
- Comfort was enhanced by 28mm tires, carbon bars and a carbon seatpost.
- Shimano BR-R7070 Hydraulic brakes stopped powerfully, in wet and dry conditions.
- With a 73º head angle, the Endurance SL e remains nimble and corners well.
- As is standard with Ribble, the Endurance SL e is deeply customizable.
- Most owner-reviewers found initial set-up of the bike to be simple.
- On the Pro, electronic Di2 gearing was a “joy to use”.
- Also on the Pro, Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon UST wheels were fast and light.
5 reasons not to buy
- Torque was not comparable to heavier 250W e-bikes.
- Some riders found that instructions for the Ebikemotion system were insufficient.
- The location of the Ebikemotion charging port seemed prone to pooling water.
- The Panasonic battery was not removable, for charging purposes.
- At speeds over 15mph, one expert felt slowed down by the weight of the rear hub.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Ribble Endurance SLe Di2
Ribble Endurance SLe Review
Ribble have managed to perfectly integrate a usable, high quality electric assist system into a super-light chassis that has all the attributes of a cutting edge high-end road bike… it offers excellent value for money, especially when compared to its competitors.