Wilier Triestina Cento1 Hybrid
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Wilier Triestina Cento1 Hybrid. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
23 reasons to buy
- The Cento1’s motor offers assistance up to a reported max. speed of 20mph.
- Power feed on the Cento1 was said to be ‘seamless’, smooth and reliable.
- From as low as 26.2lb, the Cento1 is up there with the lightest e-bikes.
- Ultegra groupsets furnished the Cento1 with very high quality componentry.
- FSA equipment was durable and lowered prices on cheaper models.
- Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes were smooth and powerful.
- When not in use, the Cento1’s brushless motor exhibits no rolling resistance.
- Mahle’s 250w ebikemotion motor engaged and transitioned smoothly.
- Handling was said to be confident, neutral and not twitchy.
- 28c Vittoria Zaffiro tires helped out with vibration absorbence.
- Beautiful styling avoided bulk and concealed electric components.
- The Cento1 was controlled by a simple and unobtrusive one-button interface .
- Cento1s are preconfigured to accept a 2nd battery, boosting range to 460Wh.
- The Cento1 pairs to an app to give stat, navigation and management options.
- Frames used the same high-modulus carbon as Wilier’s non-electric bikes.
- The Cento1’s battery is enclosed in the downtube, improving aesthetics.
- Geometry sits between race and endurance, increasing long-distance comfort.
- Ultegra drivetrains offered more gear-range than one tester needed or used.
- Wilier Race Axy alloy rims were tough and transferred power well.
- The Selle Italia X1 saddle was rated highly for comfort.
- Testers said prices of Di2 models showed good value for a high-end e-bike.
- The Cento1 was received as a good-looking and well-designed bike.
- One tester milked between 53 and 62mi of assistance out of the Cento1.
7 reasons not to buy
- Ride quality was somewhat stiff.
- Steeper ascents could overwhelm the MAHLE ebikemotion system.
- The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro rear tire easily slipped on wet climbs.
- Some riders and reviewers weren’t fans of weighty Race Axy alloy rims.
- Extra motor weight made the Cento1 take a wider arc on turns.
- The display faltered for one user, prior to implementing a factory reset.
- One tester felt that positioning of the charging port could have been changed to protect it from pooling water.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 4 expert reviews
Wilier Cento1Hy e-Bike
If you live somewhere hilly and would like a bit of help on your ride… the Wilier Cento1Hy is a good proposition. It’s got the quality ride along with the Italian looks… as well as the added power…
Wilier Cento1 Hybrid
If you’re looking for a bike to enjoy road riding, that feels like a road bike… then I can certainly recommend it. I’d want something with mudguards, and better able to withstand abject weather…
Wilier Cento1 Hybrid Review
The ride feel of the Wilier is deceptively similar to a conventional bike… predictable and agile and it feels light-footed even without the support of the motor… lacks power for steep climbs. “Best value” e-Bike.
Wilier Cento1 Hybrid e-Road Bike Review
The Wilier Cento1 Hybrid feels like a road bike and a good one at that… The extra weight compared to a conventional bike does affect the handling… I’d be tempted to spend more on a better set of wheels.