BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rad Power RadCity 5 Plus. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The RadCity 5 Plus’s comfortable, upright ride position gives riders a clear view of traffic.
- A 750-watt hub motor proves plenty powerful for the RadCity 5 Plus on urban rides.
- The RadCity 5 Plus features front and rear integrated lights.
- Fenders are included as part of the RadCity 5 Plus’s package.
- The RadCity 5 Plus comes fitted with a useful rear rack.
- Four mounting points come ready to affix a basket, on the headtube of the RadCity 5 Plus.
- The RadCity 5 Plus’s battery is lockable and removable.
- The RadCity 5 Plus’s throttle control allows for fast acceleration from take-off.
- 55 miles of range can be eked out of the RadCity 5 Plus.
- Reviewers felt that the RadCity 5 Plus’s saddle was comfortable – and it has a handle too.
- The RadCity 5 Plus has a low-profile battery that is almost integrated into the bike’s frame.
- Powerful hydraulic disc brakes are a welcome addition to the RadCity Plus 5.
- The RadCity 5 Plus’s 750-watt motor is geared to deliver 58Nm of torque for improved hill-climbing ability (over previous RadCity models).
- The RadCity 5 Plus features an adjustable stem, to suit a range of rider heights.
5 reasons not to buy
- The RadCity 5 Plus is available in a single size to fit riders from 5’4” to 6’5”.
- Cables form a large, “messy” bundle at the front of the RadCity 5 Plus.
- The RadCity 5 Plus’s secondary display can be difficult to read.
- A reviewer feels the RadCity 5 Plus’s fork is ‘undersprung’ and lacks range in adjustment.
- One tester felt that the RadCIty 5 Plus’s hydraulic brakes lacked modulation and did not instill rider confidence.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Rad Power Bikes Radcity 5 Plus E-bike Launched as Premium Version of City Commuter
The RadCity 5 Plus flew me up some super steep hills with an ease that surprised me… we don’t have quite the same amount of suspension as we used to have. Everything else about the bike is either pretty much the same or slightly better.