BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rad Power RadWagon 4. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The RadWagon 4 cargo bike uses wide 22” tires that give riders stability with a load.
- The bike can carry 350 lbs.
- There is room for up to two children on the back of the RadWagon. Thule’s Yepp Maxi seat attaches easily to the back deck.
- Rad Power offers running boards or foot pegs for passengers’ comfort.
- The optional front basket mounts directly to the front of the frame. A rack is not needed to attach it.
- A front rack or bags can be added to the bike to expand its carrying capabilities.
- The RadWagon 4 has swept-back handlebars. There is adjustment available in the stem, making these bars comfortable for everyone that rides the bike.
- The telescopic seatpost is adjustable without tools. It allows riders 5’1” to 6’4”.
- The RadWagon 4 is a great value for an electric cargo bike.
- Testers agree that the 45 mile range is sufficient for a bike in this category.
- The LCD screen is easy to read. It displays information on speed, distance, level of pedal-assist and more.
- The steel kickstand is durable and can hold a hefty weight.
- The wide seat is very pleasant to ride on.
- The Shimano drivetrain is reliable. The bike has seven gears.
- Front and rear lights are integrated into the bike.
- There is a USB charging port on the LCD display. Users can charge devices from it.
- Rad Power offers the bike in two color combinations. There is a more outgoing orange and blue combination or the minimalistic black and white.
- The aluminum frame is sturdy and hefty.
9 reasons not to buy
- Testers suggested that Rad Power add bumpers to the kickstand. It scratches any surface you park the bike on.
- The bike is heavy. It weighs over 70 lbs.
- Experts would have preferred hydraulic disc brakes to mechanical disc brakes.
- The odd wheel size of 22” limits tire choices on the bike. Only Rad Power supplies replacement tires in the correct size.
- The telescopic design of the seatpost prevents users from swapping it out.
- Some users found the bike underpowered for steep climbs.
- The bike lacks any suspension. Testers would have liked a front suspension fork. Some of Rad Power’s other bikes have this feature.
- Previous models of the RadWagon had regenerative braking. The RadWagon 4 does not.
- Running boards were included on past versions of the bike. An extra cost is associated with them on this model.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 2 expert reviews
RadWagon 4 Review: The Ultimate Minivan of Electric Bikes (In the Best Way Possible)
If you want a bike that can haul kids, pets or anything else, the RadWagon 4 is for you. The mini van of e-bikes may look quirky but it has an incredibly well-thought out design – down to the kickstand.
Rad Power Bikes RadWagon 4 is the Affordable Everyman’s Cargo E-bike We Need Right Now
For the last few years, the RadWagon has set the benchmark for affordable, capable electric cargo bikes. But that didn’t stop Rad Power Bikes from rolling out a series of upgrades this year to make the new RadWagon 4 better than ever.
Rad Has Done it Again: RadWagon 4 Review
In May 2020, Rad Power Bikes released the RadWagon 4, redesigning the bike for the second time. This time, they opted for completely new wheel sizes and moved to the 750 Watt Bafang geared hub motor that is found on the majority of the other Rad models.