Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Orbea Oiz. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Orbea Oiz is available with a carbon or aluminum frame, placing the bike in a wide range of rider's budgets.
- Weighing in at just 21.75 lbs., the bike is light and easy to maneuver.
- A shorter rear end allows riders to corner smoothly on the bike.
- The Orbea Oiz can be customized in great detail, using the MyO feature on Orbea’s website.
- Internal cable routing and flat-mounted disc brakes are minor details found on the Oiz, that make it sleek and attractive in appearance.
- The Squidlock allows riders to easily toggle between open, medium and firm to adjust the suspension of the Oiz, as they ride.
- Orbea utilizes a SRAM UDH derailleur hanger on the bike. This makes it easy to find and replace the derailleur hanger, wherever one can find a SRAM dealer.
- Despite not having a suggested weight limit on the Oiz, Orbea still includes a lifetime warranty on all frames.
- Testers were pleased to find that two water bottles can fit in sizes medium and larger, making this bike great for endurance riding.
- Maxxis Rekon tires provide excellent traction on rocky and wet terrain, for riders of the Oiz.
- Wide handlebars, grippy tires and the bike’s geometry provide riders with a stable riding position for climbing through technical terrain.
- The Oiz is forgiving. Experts found it easy to correct mistakes on the trail, at the last second.
- With its steep geometry, the bike is efficient on climbs.
- With short chainstays, the bike is confident and easy to guide on descents.
- Testers agree that the bike is affordable for the components included with each build. There a variety of builds available, to fit differing component preferences.
2 reasons not to buy
- Orbea does not include a dropper post with XC models of the Oiz.
- One tester noted that the 160mm rear brake rotor was on the small side. Riders would benefit from upgrading to a 180mm rear rotor.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Review: The 2021 Orbea Oiz Is a Race Bike With an Ace up Its Sleeve
With the latest Oiz, Orbea has produced one of the most well-rounded full suspension XC race bikes currently on the market. Yes, it’s very lightweight and yes, it also looks fabulous. But it’s the handling, suspension quality and smart spec that makes this such a versatile performer on the trail.
We Tested the Orbea Oiz M-LTD 2021, One of the Great Stars of the World Cup
In short, this is one of the lightest full suspension bicycle frames on the market due to the 250g reduction in the weight of the whole, thanks to the use of OMX carbon and the new swingarm, without losing any stiffness. It has a balanced geometry, plus the shortened 5 mm seat stays to make it even more responsive.