Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The Five accelerates quickly – and maintains blistering speeds.
- This rig lends itself to a wide range of uses; trails, downhill and Enduro.
- 'Flickable’ is a term that's often used to refer to the Five’s snappy handling.
- Due to its single-pivot construction, the Five was easy to maintain and clean.
- Anti-squat has been improved, meaning less bob while pedaling.
- The pivot has been widened by 5mm either side, increasing stiffness.
- For the indomitable aluminum beast that it is, the Five is lightweight.
- Suspension progression has been increased over previous models.
- Updated geometry features a slacker, 65° head-angle.
- Tubing is sized to specifically fit frame sizes.
- Cable routing has been rethought to give a cleaner look and feel.
- The Orange Five now has bottle bosses on the underside of the downtube.
- The 210mm Fox Float DPX2 Factory rear shock has 5mm more than the previous model.
6 reasons not to buy
- Riders experienced pedal kickback on very rough terrain.
- The lockout needed to be used on flats with harder pedaling.
- With bosses being on the underside of the downtube, bottles got dirty.
- One reviewer felt the Five was expensive for an alloy bike.
- A relatively slack seat-tube angle made long climbs tiring for one expert.
- The Five demanded close rider attention to avoid unforgiving responses on sketchy trails.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Orange Five Factory First Ride Review
Orange has managed to produce a fantastically fun but highly capable trail bike that’ll do a lot more than just your local trail centre loop if you spec the right parts on it.
2020 Orange Five RS: First Ride Review
The most important change is to make the bike’s suspension more progressive… pushing the Five into the trail is instantly more gratifying.
Orange Five RS 2020 Live Ride Mountain Bike Review With Joe ‘Top Chief’ Barnes
“It is such an evergreen. Guaranteed good-time all-rounder, this bike.
Orange 5 Pro Bike Check
Bike climbs amazingly… Descends awesome. I’m actually quicker on this bike, even with the smaller travel.
Orange Five 2019 – The Evolution of a Trail Icon
Those who chase reliable trail performance are drawn in by its simple single pivot design and won over by its fun-loving attitude and do-it-all riding character.