BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Nimbus Hatchet. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- Riders reported incredible stability from the Maxxis Minion FBR 26x4.8 tire, with some saying this made it easier to regain balance and allowed for longer rides with less effort.
- Experts complimented the aesthetics of the Hatchet, noting an edgy design and beautiful finish.
- The fatness of the Hatchet’s tire proved perfect for traction and flotation across snow, sand and obstacles.
- All components of this uni were regarded as high quality, with the Nimbus VCX Isis cranks receiving particular attention.
- A doubled quick-release seat-collar makes for fast and secure seat-post removal and adjustment.
- The Nimbus Dominator 80.2mm rim is equipped with 36 spokes for strength and is drilled to save weight.
- For a number of owners, the Hatchet opened up more possibilities for unicycling, allowing them to ride trails and rough terrain.
- This unicycle’s aluminum frame was portrayed as rigid and surprisingly lightweight. It integrates a disc tab into the frame.
- The Hatchet's frame avoids the issue of knee-contact by providing ample clearance through a unique chevron shape.
- A quick assembly time was recorded by buyers, who only had to install the saddle and brake mount.
- Ride quality was reported to be amazing both on and off-road.
- The Nimbus Stadium saddle impressed with ample cushioning and a prostate-friendly air-channel.
- Clearance is a drawcard for the Hatchet, allowing for 26 x 5, 27.5” ,29” and even 32 x 2.125 tires.
- Some found the Hatchet to be a capable climber.
- The Hatchet arrives with a custom multitool and all other basic tools needed for assembly and tuning.
3 reasons not to buy
- One reviewer felt that longer cranks, at 170mm, would be more efficient.
- An owner reported that the bolt to fasten the brake handle was difficult to tighten and should be inverted.
- One owner described the Hatchet as being a little too pricey.