BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Marin Alcatraz. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The Alcatraz gained and landed big-air with poise.
- Alcatraz’s short wheelbase lent itself to spin tricks.
- The aluminum frame was strong. Strong enough to send and eat it.
- The ‘Miami Vice’, Gloss Magenta/Cyan/Hi-Vis color-scheme awed owners.
- Low-cost Tektro HDM275 hydraulic discs were lauded for their performance.
- The lightweight Alcatraz was easy for a 5’5”, 126lb rider to throw around.
- Vee XCV tires performed well on pump tracks.
- X-fusion’s 100mm fork featured both compression and rebound settings.
- Reliable components were specced all-round.
- Set-up was often straightforward and easy.
- Dirt-jumpers said the Alcatraz rolled smooth.
- The bike came with all required tools, including a multitool and pedal wrench.
- Packaging was said to be sturdy and ample.
5 reasons not to buy
- Sometimes spokes on a new Alcatraz needed tightening.
- One new bottom bracket was noisy. Another needed grease.
- A buyer said the wheels on their new Alcatraz needed truing.
- The X-Fusion fork wasn’t designed to be ridden with compression locked out.
- One owner’s new bike had a warped rotor, scratched pedals and a scuffed frame.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
The Story Behind the Marin Alcatraz | Matt Jones Interview
Aluminium was the only option… due to the need for stiffness and a light weight… which is instantly noticeable on pump tracks, tight berms and steep trails…. this frame is incredibly stable at high speed and on big jumps.