BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ibis Ripley. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
19 reasons to buy
- The Ripley is one of the lightest trail bikes available to consumers.
- The bike's carbon frame has a 7-year warranty.
- The DW-Link suspension provides an efficient pedaling platform, excellent mid-stroke support and big-hit compliance for riders on the Ibis Ripley.
- The Ibis Ripley is lightweight and has a steep seat tube angle positioning the rider efficiently for climbing.
- Experts found the bike was agile and very responsive to rider input, with the steep seat tube angle, slack head tube angle, long wheelbase, 44mm reduced offset and short chainstay.
- The Ibis Ripley climbs well, even when the shock is in the open position. Experts found that energy was not wasted through suspension bob.
- The 44mm reduced offset fork keeps the bike from feeling unruly through tight uphill switchbacks or slow technical sections.
- The geometry of the bike is not too slack or steep. Experts note the bike is well-balanced and allows riders to ride over a great variety of terrain.
- Experts agree the bike accelerates quickly on flats and moderate climbs.
- The bike has clearance for tires up to 2.6” wide.
- The 2.6” Schwalbe Hans Damf and Nobby Nics on 29” wheels create excellent traction and rollover for riders. The stock tire and wheel combination allows riders to corner predictably and maneuver over roots and rocks with ease.
- Riders can run a longer dropper post on the Ripley as the suspension setup allows for an uninterrupted seat tube.
- The suspension utilizes IGUS bushings, which help reduce the weight of the bike. They also require less maintenance.
- The bike has a polycarbonate downtube protector and molded swingarm protectors to protect the frame from debris and obstacles on the trail.
- The Ibis Ripley has molded tubing for internally routing cables. This gives the bike a neat appearance.
- The threaded bottom bracket is quiet and easy to maintain on the Ripley.
- There is room for a water bottle in the lower triangle of the bike.
- Custom bags can easily be used in the bike’s frame to transform the bike into a capable bikepacking mountain bike.
- The Bike Yoke dropper post on the Ibis Ripley is self-bleeding. This makes it easy for riders to reset the dropper post on trail, if necessary.
2 reasons not to buy
- Experts noted that they could easily be bucked around on rocky descents, riding the Ripley.
- The sizing of the bike runs small, according to numerous experts.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Bike Build + Review: Ibis Ripley Mark 4
The bottom line for me is that every ride on the Ripley leaves me grinning like an idiot and wanting to keep going longer (and faster). I think I made an excellent choice.
Ibis Ripley GX Eagle 2019 Review
If you’re looking for a short travel trail bike, we don’t think it gets much better than the new Ibis Ripley.
Ibis Ripley XRT
The new Ripley’s suspension design and geo numbers near the Ripmo’s, but it still very much holds its own identity.
Ibis Ripley V4 Mountain Bike Review
The Ibis Ripley is a light, playful trail bike that can be shredded on with ruthlessness, yet it will reward the silkiest of legshavers with a climbing performance that’ll make you dust off your spandies-gear.
2020 Ibis Ripley Long Term Review
My short trail bike I want to feel really light and really zippy. And this bike does that.