Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Huffy Panama Jack. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- A lot of Panama Jack owners chose to have their bike assembled by professionals. Those that didn’t found setup easy to complete in around an hour.
- A portion of users experienced easy shifting from geared models.
- The retro stylings of the Panama Jack drew many an admirer.
- Several owners just had a lot of fun atop this rambling dobbin.
- Multiple consumers had no trouble adjusting the Panama Jack for a good personal fit.
- Quite a few buyers commented on the number of compliments this bike received.
- A smooth ride was reported from multiple cyclists.
- Extras were appreciated on this cruiser, including the basket, cup holder, bottle-opener and rack.
- Owners loved the colors available. They were also impressed by details including woodgrain and floral detail. They called it cute.
- It was reported to be offered at a great low price.
- Some vendees found a wide, padded and springy saddle to be quite comfy.
14 reasons not to buy
- Poor quality tires were reported by some consumers. They replaced them before they were worn.
- Amongst reviewers, the rear hub was notorious for a persistent grinding that some owners traced to damaged bearings. Absolute failure occurred on the first day of riding for one owner.
- Extensive damage was reported on new models. This included many frame scratches, dents, broken reflectors, broken screws, faulty tubes and a ripped saddle.
- In an ironic twist for a beach-cruiser-styled bike, the Panama Jack was highly prone to rusting, even when stored indoors.
- Substandard brakes sometimes hobbled this machine’s ride quality.
- Componentry was not recognized as the best, even being deemed ‘flimsy’.
- At least two consumers received bikes that seemed to be used.
- The Panama Jack is known to be hefty, which isn’t unusual for cruisers. It was a hard slog on hills for singlespeeders.
- The wrong color was delivered to a handful of buyers.
- Parts were infrequently missing, on arrival.
- Packaging was criticized for being insufficient, allowing parts to rub and scratch.
- Wheels sometimes arrived untrue.
- The saddle was squeaky and a little too squishy for some.
- Repeated punctures were reported, due to poor rim tape and damage from spokes.