Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Hollandia Amsterdam V. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The Hollandia Dutch bike receives many reports as to its smooth-rolling performance over bumpy roads.
- It is definitely seen as a sturdy and robust bike.
- Hollandia’s ‘European style’ appeals to buyers.
- On the 3-Speed model, the Shimano Nexus internal hub is appreciated for its high quality.
- Owners agreed that the Hollandia is very reasonably priced.
- It is described as being perfect for leisurely riding conditions.
- One model comes with a very sturdy front rack, that was valued by buyers.
- An expert reviewer liked the upright, old-style geometry.
- Tall riders were happy to find such a suitable bike.
- In an expert review, a mechanic described the Hollandia’s simplicity and low demand for maintenance as a factor that made it better value than other bikes in this price range.
7 reasons not to buy
- Shorter riders were surprised to find that the Hollandia was too tall for them.
- To some, the saddle delivered excessive 'squish', causing discomfort.
- Some owners noted that paint chipped easily.
- A number of buyers found that various parts were missing from their package, including bolts for the front rack, washers, the front fender and the kick-stand.
- The Hollandia is a beast of a bike. At 43 lbs, it is heavy.
- Many buyers found the Hollandia to be difficult to assemble – and that the instructions were inadequate.
- Guards rubbed and componentry was found to be sub-standard in some instances.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
WalMart Selling Cheap Dutch-style Bikes
Other than all the inevitable annoying clanking and rubbing noises the bike will develop as plastic guards snap and shake free, these bikes are designed as beasts that can actually handle the brutal realities … on a daily basis on the streets of the US of A.