Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Most riders described the handling of the GT Sensor as very stiff, responsive and lively.
- A number of riders described the aggressive geometry (leaning over the front-end and high bottom-bracket) as beneficial for climbing and technical riding.
- Some riders described the look and finish as impressive.
- Most reviewers appreciated the ability to choose between two tire sizes (29” and 27.5”).
- It was common for riders to note how well the GT Sensor handled pedalling, even on uphills.
- Experienced riders mentioned how this bike was designed to be easily maintained, due to the replaceable threaded bottom-bracket and the removable ICSG (International Standard Chain Device) mounts for replacing chain-guides or skid-plates.
- A number of riders mentioned that the protections on the GT Sensor were very tough, with a thick rubber covering beneath the down-tube, that protected the frame on carbon models.
- Most reviews mentioned the benefits of the ‘flip-chip’, that allowed a simple adjustment of the rear suspension, using an Allen key.
- Some reviews mention that the price is quite low, especially for the Sensor Carbon Pro, with its carbon frame and 1x12 drivetrain.
- Many reviews mentioned that the effect of pedalling kickback on the rear suspension was minimal.
- Almost every review mentions how much they liked the ‘groove-tube’, that sits cables neatly in the frame while leaving them easily accessible for adjustment.
5 reasons not to buy
- Many riders said that the front fork was a little short – and would have replaced the provided 130mm shock with a 140mm spring.
- Almost all reviewers saw the stack-height at the front of the bike as being too low. Many of them replaced the supplied handlebar with a riser bar.
- A number of riders said that the provided ‘Sram Level Lt’ disc brakes were under-powered for the style of riding that the GT Sensor Carbon Pro is suited to.
- A few riders said that the front tire wasn’t suitable and needed to be replaced with one that featured a softer compound material to improve cornering traction. It was predicted that it wouldn’t be durable.
- Some riders with larger feet said that their heels could rub on the rear stays of the bike when cornering.
Expert Reviews72/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Compared to other bikes