BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Eminent Onset. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- Eminent offer the Onset with short, mid and long travel options, meeting the varying needs of trail riders.
- The bike’s ‘Active Float Suspension’ (AFS) setup cushions impacts and helps riders find control on the trail.
- Riders are placed in a planted, stable and central riding position on the Onset, via a long wheelbase, wide handlebars and steep seat-tube angle.
- Maxxis Minion DHR and DHF tires supplied test riders with grip on wet and dry trails.
- Tubed, internal cable routing offers riders a tidy looking bike without cable rattle.
- The bottom bracket is positioned low in the bike’s frame. This allows riders to rail through corners.
- Shimano XT brakes are extremely efficient and allow riders to push the limits, according to testers.
- The bike’s floating brake design reduces brake jack and increases the Onset’s enduro capabilities.
- Shimano shifters allow riders to smoothly transition between gears.
- The Onset’s suspension setup provides riders with small bump compliance.
- Testers were pleased that there is room for a water bottle in the frame of the bike.
- The Onset’s stiff and responsive frame allows riders to hold lines well, through rocky and technical terrain.
- WTB’s Volt saddle is specced on the bike. Most experts agree that this saddle is comfortable.
3 reasons not to buy
- Frequent pedal strikes occurred with the bike’s low bottom bracket.
- The Eminent Onset is heavy, compared to other bikes in its category.
- Some testers were displeased that the bike's dropper post used external cable routing.