Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electra Townie Go! 5i EQ. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- Electra's Townie Go! 5i EQ is available in a step-over frame and a step-through frame that's easier to mount.
- This e-bike has integrated lights, fenders, and a rack with a 55lb capacity.
- An expert appreciates the smooth, jerk-free assistance the Bosch mid-drive motor provides.
- One tester praises the comfort, traction, and reduced risk of flats of the puncture-protected Schwalbe Fat Frank 2.35" tires.
- The Shimano Nexus 5-speed internally geared hub has reduced maintenance needs and shifts more smoothly than a standard drivetrain.
- Two riders mention the powerful and reliable braking performance of the Tektro hydraulic disc brakes.
- One tester enjoys the comfort of the upright ride position that the riser handlebars create.
- The LCD display is simple and clear, so changing assist levels and monitoring speed and battery levels is easy.
- Two reviewers appreciate the extra security provided by the integrated ABUS café lock.
- A reviewer finds that tackling steep hills on the Townie Go! 5i feels natural, like riding a normal bike, but with more strength.
4 reasons not to buy
- A reviewer finds it difficult to reach the 20mph limit without exerting significant effort.
- The rider must stop pedaling to change gear on the Shimano Nexus hub, which one owner dislikes.
- The lack of a throttle bothers one reviewer, as pulling away from a stopped position is harder.
- One tester feels the reach is too long, which could be uncomfortable for riders with shorter arms.
Bottom lineThe Townie Go! 5i EQ from Trek's sub-brand Electra is a cruiser-style e-bike designed to be fun, comfortable, and easy to use. It's available with a step-over or step-through frame. Testers praise the natural Bosch mid-drive motor, relaxed upright riding style, and smooth-rolling Schwalbe tires. Several owners mention that the extra power provided by this bike has made cycling fun again. With integrated lights, fenders, a café lock, and a rear rack, the Townie Go! 5i EQ offers good value as a comfort-focused e-bike for commuting or recreation.
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Electra Townie Go! Review: A Modern, Electric Cruiser Bike
If you want an e-bike to ride to yoga class, the farmers market, and the beach boardwalk, without getting overly sweaty, the Electra Townie Go! is an excellent choice.
2021 Electra Townie Go! 5i New Bike Review
I would say for people who don’t like biking too much but wanna go around town every so often, this is a great bike to get. Since filming this, we’ve put a lot more miles on it and like it more and more.