Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Co-op Cycles REV 20. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The REV 20 has one speed. This requires less maintenance than a geared bike.
- The bike has both a coaster brake and a handbrake. This helps riders who struggle with handbrakes to master using them safely.
- The Kenda tires have reflective sidewalls to increase their visibility.
- The aluminum frame is durable.
- The bike is lighter than other 20" children's bikes.
- The Kenda Kontact tires roll smoothly on pavement and beginner trails.
- The bike comes with a kickstand.
- It's easy to assemble the REV 20. Users who would like it professionally assembled can arrage for REI to complete the process.
- Free adjustments are offered to riders for one year from the time of purchase at REI locations.
- A sticker pack is included. This allows riders to personalize their bike.
- Users agree the bike is priced appropriately for the components included in the build.
- The REV 20 is offered in gender-neutral tones that many users note are appealing.
5 reasons not to buy
- Several users thought the bike ran small in size.
- The REV 20's geometry is very aggressive compared to other children's bikes. This causes some riders to crash and others to experience back pain.
- The handlebars do not easily adjust. A stem or handlebar swap is needed to get a more upright riding position.
- The rubber tips on the kickstand frequently fall off.
- Some users note that the seat is uncomfortable.