Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Volts and Amp Hours
Number of Gears
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.2. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- The Co-op Cycles CTY e2.2 e-bike comes in an attractive Twilight Blue tone.
- The bike is lighter than others in the hybrid e-bike category. It weighs 51.9 lbs.
- Testers were pleased with the Shimano motor on the bike.
- The bike has a range of 50 miles. Users regularly found they could go much further than this.
- The kickstand is centrally located and easy for riders to use.
- The included fenders protect riders from getting splashed by mud and water.
- A rack is included. When used to attach panniers, riders can commute to work or pick up groceries with the CTY e2.2.
- The CTY e2.2 is priced affordably.
- Lights are included in the front and rear of the bike. This pleased riders as their visibility increased at night and in adverse weather.
- There is room for a water bottle in the frame.
- The Schwalbe Big Ben tires are 1.95 inches wide and roll smoothly on paved roads and pathways.
- The size small of this bike has a step-through design, making it easier for shorter riders to mount and dismount the bike.
- Going over hills is easy for riders that might struggle with this task on a non-electric bike.
- Riders agree the bike feels stable at top speeds.
- The hydraulic disc brakes are fitted with 180mm rotors that allow riders to stop quickly.
- It only takes four hours to charge the battery.
- The bike's front suspension offers 75mm of travel, softening impacts for riders over bumps and potholes.
6 reasons not to buy
- Many users expressed that they would have liked longer fenders.
- The bike lacks a chainguard and riders found they easily got grease on their legs or clothing.
- The bike runs large in size.
- The stem is prone to loosening and needs to be tightened frequently, according to many users.
- Some riders found the bike shifted randomly as they were riding.
- The lights are not easy to turn on and off.