Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cleary Gecko. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The Cleary Gecko is a 12” pedal bike for children as young as 2.5 years old.
- The bike has dual child-sized handbrakes that testers found easy to operate.
- Experts were impressed that the seat post could be turned to put riders in a more upright riding position for greater stability and control on the bike.
- The Gecko is lightweight for a children’s pedal bike. It weighs in at 15.1 lbs.
- Cleary offers a shorter seat post than the stock seat post. This allows children with an inseam as short as 15” to ride the bike.
- Test riders were thrilled to discover that the Gecko has a freewheel hub instead of a coaster brake.
- Users found the seat of the bike to be extremely comfortable.
- The Gecko has a durable steel frame.
- Cleary's lifetime warranty ensures that the Gecko will be passed from child to child, lasting a family for many years.
5 reasons not to buy
- The Cleary Gecko is more expensive than many other children’s bikes of its size.
- The bike’s handlebars are flat. Experts state that bars with a rise would allow taller children to utilize the bike longer, before upgrading to a bigger bike.
- The tires on the Gekko are best for smooth, paved trails. Testers suggest swapping these for knobbier tires if the rider intends to ride singletrack.
- The bike does not come with training wheels.
- Cleary does not include a kickstand with the Gecko.
Bottom lineThe Cleary Gecko is designed for the smallest pedal bike riders. It has a durable and light steel frame. The bike can accommodate riders with a short inseam of 15”. Features, such as child-sized dual handbrakes and a freehub, make the Gecko an outstanding choice for young riders. However, experts note the bike needs knobbier tires for off-road adventures.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Cleary Gecko Review
The smallest and best 12 inch bike on the market, the Cleary Gecko offers a great ride, but kids quickly outgrow it.
Cleary Gecko 12 Inch Kids Bike Review
It’s a 12” pedal bike, designed for the very smallest riders.
Cleary Gecko Kids Mountain Bike First Overview Review
This has the handbrakes, which are fantastic.