Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cleary Gecko. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The Cleary Gecko is a 12” pedal bike for children as young as 2.5 years old.
- The bike has dual child-sized handbrakes that testers found easy to operate.
- Experts were impressed that the seat post could be turned to put riders in a more upright riding position for greater stability and control on the bike.
- The Gecko is lightweight for a children’s pedal bike. It weighs in at 15.1 lbs.
- Cleary offers a shorter seat post than the stock seat post. This allows children with an inseam as short as 15” to ride the bike.
- Test riders were thrilled to discover that the Gecko has a freewheel hub instead of a coaster brake.
- Users found the seat of the bike to be extremely comfortable.
- The Gecko has a durable steel frame.
- Cleary's lifetime warranty ensures that the Gecko will be passed from child to child, lasting a family for many years.
5 reasons not to buy
- The Cleary Gecko is more expensive than many other children’s bikes of its size.
- The bike’s handlebars are flat. Experts state that bars with a rise would allow taller children to utilize the bike longer, before upgrading to a bigger bike.
- The tires on the Gekko are best for smooth, paved trails. Testers suggest swapping these for knobbier tires if the rider intends to ride singletrack.
- The bike does not come with training wheels.
- Cleary does not include a kickstand with the Gecko.