BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Cannondale Synapse Neo. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Neo’s maximum range sits between 88 and 95 miles in eco mode.
- Reviewers described the Neo as being “extremely well tuned”.
- It was common to hear testers saying that the Neo “didn’t feel like an e-bike”.
- Relaxed ‘endurance road’ geometry proved great for older road cyclists.
- When cycling with no power, extra weight wasn’t very noticeable.
- The Bosch Active Line Plus motor was silent in all but turbo mode.
- Long battery-life means that all-day rides are stress-free.
- NEOs 1 and 2 fit 700c tires up to 35c.
- The NEO SE comes fit with plush 600x47c tires.
- On the NEO 1, 50/34 chainrings and an 11-30 cassette provide ample range.
- Low resistance allows pedal-assisted speeds in excess of the motor’s 20mph limit.
- A “WALK+” function assists with walking the bike up slopes.
- Frames feature bosses for two bottle cages, racks, mudguards and a front mech.
- A low and central center-of-gravity performed excellently off-road.
6 reasons not to buy
- The 41lb weight struck riders as ‘on the heavy side’.
- One tester found that the battery was tricky to remove and install.
- A reviewer said the left crank rubbed on the non-drive side of the motor’s housing.
- Slack angles caused the front wheel to wander on climbs.
- Compliance and comfort were limited, due to a stiff aluminum frame.
- Longer chainstays added stability but slowed handling.
Expert Reviews75/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Cannondale Synapse NEO SE e-Road Bike Review
The NEO SE’s off-road performance is a revelation…It’s like Cannondale’s designers have combined a very capable gravel bike, a powerful e-bike and a monster truck.
Cannondale Synapse NEO SE in Review
The Cannondale Synapse NEO SE is an extremely sturdy gravel travel machine with a snazzy look! …a solid bike at a fair price.
The Perfect Bike for My Wife? The Synapse Neo. Cannondale’s First E-Road Bike.
This bike is great for people who want to enjoy the mountains but don’t have the strength or the conditioning. …going down, it feels a bit more heavy and a bit more stable… With the disc brakes, it’s golden.
Five of Our Favorite Things About the Cannondale Synapse NEO 1
…road vibrations are kept to a minimum so you could ride all day if you wanted to. And luckily, this bike has the range to match your ambitions.
The Cannondale Synapse NEO SE is the E-Bike You’ve Been Waiting For
…one of the most natural-feeling gravel e-bikes we’ve ridden to date… it gives you a window into a world of what it feels like to have a heightened level of fitness.