BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cannondale Habit. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- With five sizes and women-specific builds, the Cannondale Habit suits a wide range of riders.
- The bike is set up to run 29” or 27.5” wheels and tires. The flip chip adjustment allows riders to adjust the geometry of the bike from a 29" wheel set up to a 27.5” set up.
- The bike comes stock with 29” wheels and tires, except for on size XS of the bike. Size XS comes with 27.5” wheels to better suit smaller riders. The XS version of the Cannondale Habit fits riders as short as 4’11”.
- The women’s build of the bike has a shorter stem. This allows women with narrower shoulders to run wider bars when riding the Habit for greater stability.
- Cannondale’s proportional response adjusts the suspension linkage on every size of the bike to provide consistent response for riders of all sizes when handling, pedaling and braking on the Habit.
- The bike’s low bottom bracket allows riders to stay on their line during descents.
- The Maxxis tires provide excellent traction over a variety of terrain and assist riders in cornering confidently.
- The offset rear improves the spoke bracing angle to increase stiffness for greater efficiency and power transfer when riding the Habit.
- The 12-speed drivetrain provides riders with a wide range of gears to tackle a variety of trails on the Cannondale Habit.
- The bike’s wide bars, stable suspension and grippy tires provide riders with stability and control on technical climbs and lively descents.
- The hydraulic disc brakes on the Habit are responsive and provide excellent stopping power.
- One expert noted the Fabric FunGuy grips on the bike are very comfortable, even without gloves.
- A fender is included with the bike to protect riders from mud and debris on the trail.
- The cables are internally routed, giving the bike a crisp and clean appearance.
- The Habit has clear stickers on it protecting the seat stays and chainstay.
3 reasons not to buy
- The seat tube angle is not steep enough. Experts found it hard to keep the front wheel down on steep climbs.
- The offset wheel makes it difficult to swap out or upgrade wheels. The wheels need to be redished to be compatible with the Cannondale Habit.
- Experts found the seat tube on the bike to be too tall. One cannot use the dropper to its fullest potential.
Expert Reviews78/100 based on 6 expert reviews
Cannondale Habit Carbon 3
The Cannondale Habit Carbon 3 doesn’t feel like a short-travel bike in the same way as the Giant Trance. It’s not as efficient and doesn’t cover ground as quickly, but it feels more capable when the going gets rough. You can still do big rides on the Habit; you’ll just have more of a laugh along the way.
Connecticut-based Cannondale has always done things a little differently, but their revamped and surprisingly mainstream 2019 Habit seeks to make them a top contender once again. With its fresh design and graphics, up-to-date features, and all-around good looks, this new trail bike made a lasting impression on our testers.
Cannondale Habit 5 Review
There are loads of elements to good suspension bike design and while it’s weighty with some spec snags Cannondale has got most of them well dialed on the Habit 5. However, it’s the exceptional rear end performance that makes it an awesome play bike for the price.