BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Brilliant L-Train. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Shimano Nexus 7-speed internal hub delivered smooth changes and ‘flawless’ shifting when properly tuned.
- Riders found that the gear ratio managed almost every ascent on a hilly city commute.
- Paintwork smacked of quality application. A small amount of touch-up was provided for free.
- This steel steed was both lightweight and tough.
- In place of a chain is the Gates carbon belt-drive; deemed quiet, efficient and grease-free.
- At this price, the L-Train’s quality and resilience struck owners as great value.
- Customer service was understanding, fast and responsive. Reimbursement was given where appropriate.
- The L-Train is festooned with an abundance of eyelets for racks, mudguards, wine-holders &c.
- The chromoly frame was forgiving over the cracks and potholes of lonely city streets.
- She’s a nimble whippet, with quick and responsive handling mated to ample acceleration.
- Those with a designer’s eye cooed over the subdued colorways in ‘Hudson Blue’ and ‘Subway Grey’.
- The finish was lauded for white accents in cabling, coupled with chrome trimming.
- The leather / pleather saddle and grips were both comfortable and stylish.
- Incredibly low maintenance was a boon, with a lubeless belt-drive and internal gearing.
7 reasons not to buy
- Changing the rear tire on a belt-drive bike required a new skill acquisition.
- A few buyers found one or both of their wheels required truing.
- Some folks found the initial tuning of their internal hub to be a little tricky.
- Some cyclists just aren’t digging a gripshift-style gear-changing mechanism.
- Smokers and the elderly yearned for a lower gear or two in steeper terrain.
- One expert felt the L-Train was a mite weighty.
- Being an all-season commuter, an expert felt that disc brakes would have been great.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Brilliant L-Train Belt-Drive Commuter Bicycle
The styling alone makes it a hipster delight, and the smooth ride of that steel frame and fork makes commuting nice and easy.
The Brilliant L Train Just Might Save a Quarter-Million Commuters
Overall, I appreciate the L-Train’s pleasant ride on rumbly streets, how predictable and smooth it feels in corners, and its ability to somehow make me want to tackle big-city traffic.