Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Shimano Nexus 7-speed internal hub delivered smooth changes and ‘flawless’ shifting when properly tuned.
- Riders found that the gear ratio managed almost every ascent on a hilly city commute.
- Paintwork smacked of quality application. A small amount of touch-up was provided for free.
- This steel steed was both lightweight and tough.
- In place of a chain is the Gates carbon belt-drive; deemed quiet, efficient and grease-free.
- At this price, the L-Train’s quality and resilience struck owners as great value.
- Customer service was understanding, fast and responsive. Reimbursement was given where appropriate.
- The L-Train is festooned with an abundance of eyelets for racks, mudguards, wine-holders &c.
- The chromoly frame was forgiving over the cracks and potholes of lonely city streets.
- She’s a nimble whippet, with quick and responsive handling mated to ample acceleration.
- Those with a designer’s eye cooed over the subdued colorways in ‘Hudson Blue’ and ‘Subway Grey’.
- The finish was lauded for white accents in cabling, coupled with chrome trimming.
- The leather / pleather saddle and grips were both comfortable and stylish.
- Incredibly low maintenance was a boon, with a lubeless belt-drive and internal gearing.
7 reasons not to buy
- Changing the rear tire on a belt-drive bike required a new skill acquisition.
- A few buyers found one or both of their wheels required truing.
- Some folks found the initial tuning of their internal hub to be a little tricky.
- Some cyclists just aren’t digging a gripshift-style gear-changing mechanism.
- Smokers and the elderly yearned for a lower gear or two in steeper terrain.
- One expert felt the L-Train was a mite weighty.
- Being an all-season commuter, an expert felt that disc brakes would have been great.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Best Commuter and City Bikes
Commuter and city bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores