Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Gazelle Arroyo C8 HMB Elite. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The price includes Gazelle’s reliability, integration, and extra features not found on cheaper e-bikes.
- Experts appreciate the bike’s sturdy fenders and good lighting.
- The low-step design and features like the sturdy cargo rack, chain case, upright seating position and smooth power enhance the Arroyo C8’s practicality as a commuter bike.
- The 250W Bosch Active Line Plus motor wins praise for being smooth and quiet.
- The hydroformed aluminum frame contributes to a relatively low weight of 51.6lb.
- One reviewer says the Arroyo C8 is a great ride, even when the battery runs out.
- A suspension fork, sprung seat post, and Selle Royal Loire saddle deliver comfort.
- The tool-free adjustable stem makes it easy to find a suitable height and angle.
- The integrated design and faux-leather bar grips give the Arroyo a classy look.
- A rear-wheel cafe lock provides extra security when locking the bike.
- The sturdy chain guard protects both chain and clothing.
- Shimano’s Nexus 8-speed internally geared hub reduces maintenance requirements and allows shifting while stopped.
- Gazelle provides a ten-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects, five years on the suspension and paint, and two years on parts.
- The Arroyo Gazelle C8 HMB Elite is available in a choice of three frame sizes: 46cm, 53cm, and 57cm.
- The Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are powerful and easy to modulate.
8 reasons not to buy
- The Arroyo C8 HMB Elite is more expensive than competing models.
- One reviewer finds the suspension fork doesn’t do much for lighter riders. Another finds the suspension fork doesn’t work at all.
- One expert says fork flex causes the brakes to feel spongy.
- Two testers have trouble with a “stiff” shifter and the Nexus internally geared hub not changing gear as crisply as expected.
- One reviewer mentions that, at this price, they would like to see a higher-end air fork.
- One expert is disappointed by the lack of bottle cage bosses.
- A tester is underwhelmed by the range, finding it fell far short of the claimed 70 miles.
- According to one expert, the ‘captive’ key, used for both the lock and the battery, could be a nuisance.