Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Arktos is a ‘Trail’ bike, and as such it has been commended for its ability to be used as an ‘all-round’ mountain-bike, performing well on downhill, cross-country and on ‘bigger-air’ trails.
- The biggest surprise for amateurs and experts, comes in this bike’s performance as a climber. It’s efficiency uphills is lauded.
- Componentry has not been faulted for the Arktos. Even at the lowest spec, the Shimano DX setup was trouble-free.
- ‘Snappy’ is a term that came up again and again, when riders described the sharp responsiveness felt on technical descents and through turns.
- Four sizes, Small to Extra Large, provide a suitable fit for all riders of all sizes from all genders.
- The customized SINE rear suspension was almost always characterized as being easy to use and rarely required adjustment.
- Shifting and braking were described as flawless and did not require adjustment.
- The dropper seat-post was appreciated for its smooth action.
- It has been described as ‘beautiful’ and received compliments for being stripped-back and uncluttered. The ability to order from 18 logo colors and 15 frame colors was seen as a boon.
- Minion brand tires come as standard, and delivered a grippy ride.
- Internal cable-routing kept the frame neat and riders happy.
- It wouldn’t be a surprise to know that the full-carbon frame was loved for being lightweight.
6 reasons not to buy
- The biggest concern for experts was that the Arktos had a relatively short reach, which found customers opting for a size up from their norm.
- There are no chainguard tabs at all, limiting front-derailleur options.
- Most riders experienced sufficient chain-slap, but the Arktos doesn’t feature a chainstay protector.
- Clearances were so small in some areas, that a couple of experts were concerned that grit or mud could become trapped in poor conditions.
- Riders over 85kg may find the shock setup less forgiving.
- The Arktos ain’t cheap. As a performance machine, it was generally agreed by reviewers that you do get value for what you pay for. But it wont be within every mountain-biker’s reach.
Expert Reviews93/100 based on 1 expert reviews
INTERBIKE 2016: Alchemy Arktos Review (160mm rear travel)
I had an absolutely fantastic time riding the Arktos both uphill and downhill and that fun to ride feeling is ultimately what a great bike is all about.
Alchemy Arktos ST Review – 2019 Bible of Bike Tests
Same frame, less travel – a lazy way to add another SKU, right? Wrong. Everything good gets better with Alchemy’s down-traveled Arktos 29 ST.
First Ride: Alchemy Arktos
Review: Alchemy Arktos
The Alchemy Arktos promises to be a high-end long travel trail bike that can track over and gobble up any imperfection it comes across. And it does all of that with aplomb.
Alchemy Arktos: Colorado Chemistry Hits The Mountain
Alchemy brings its handmade carbon expertise to the aggressive suspension world with the help of one of the most well-known suspension wizards in the mountain bike community. The result is an aggressive enduro bike that handles exceptionally well…