BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Alchemy Arktos. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Arktos is a ‘Trail’ bike, and as such it has been commended for its ability to be used as an ‘all-round’ mountain-bike, performing well on downhill, cross-country and on ‘bigger-air’ trails.
- The biggest surprise for amateurs and experts, comes in this bike’s performance as a climber. It’s efficiency uphills is lauded.
- Componentry has not been faulted for the Arktos. Even at the lowest spec, the Shimano DX setup was trouble-free.
- ‘Snappy’ is a term that came up again and again, when riders described the sharp responsiveness felt on technical descents and through turns.
- Four sizes, Small to Extra Large, provide a suitable fit for all riders of all sizes from all genders.
- The customized SINE rear suspension was almost always characterized as being easy to use and rarely required adjustment.
- Shifting and braking were described as flawless and did not require adjustment.
- The dropper seat-post was appreciated for its smooth action.
- It has been described as ‘beautiful’ and received compliments for being stripped-back and uncluttered. The ability to order from 18 logo colors and 15 frame colors was seen as a boon.
- Minion brand tires come as standard, and delivered a grippy ride.
- Internal cable-routing kept the frame neat and riders happy.
- It wouldn’t be a surprise to know that the full-carbon frame was loved for being lightweight.
6 reasons not to buy
- The biggest concern for experts was that the Arktos had a relatively short reach, which found customers opting for a size up from their norm.
- There are no chainguard tabs at all, limiting front-derailleur options.
- Most riders experienced sufficient chain-slap, but the Arktos doesn’t feature a chainstay protector.
- Clearances were so small in some areas, that a couple of experts were concerned that grit or mud could become trapped in poor conditions.
- Riders over 85kg may find the shock setup less forgiving.
- The Arktos ain’t cheap. As a performance machine, it was generally agreed by reviewers that you do get value for what you pay for. But it wont be within every mountain-biker’s reach.
Expert Reviews93/100 based on 1 expert reviews
INTERBIKE 2016: Alchemy Arktos Review (160mm rear travel)
I had an absolutely fantastic time riding the Arktos both uphill and downhill and that fun to ride feeling is ultimately what a great bike is all about.
Alchemy Arktos ST Review – 2019 Bible of Bike Tests
Same frame, less travel – a lazy way to add another SKU, right? Wrong. Everything good gets better with Alchemy’s down-traveled Arktos 29 ST.
First Ride: Alchemy Arktos
Review: Alchemy Arktos
The Alchemy Arktos promises to be a high-end long travel trail bike that can track over and gobble up any imperfection it comes across. And it does all of that with aplomb.
Alchemy Arktos: Colorado Chemistry Hits The Mountain
Alchemy brings its handmade carbon expertise to the aggressive suspension world with the help of one of the most well-known suspension wizards in the mountain bike community. The result is an aggressive enduro bike that handles exceptionally well…