BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Vitus Dominer. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The Vitus Dominer is a downhill-specific bike. It has 200mm of travel in the front and rear.
- Wide 780mm-800mm Nukeproof handlebars provide riders with stability on descents.
- Vitus makes the bike compatible with a coil or air shock.
- The long reach on the Dominer gives riders the ability to shift their weight for greater control and stability.
- Testers found it easy to fine-tune the suspension setup with both a fork and shock from RockShox included in each build.
- Maxxis tires offer riders plenty of traction for descending loose or wet trails.
- The threaded bottom bracket is easy to maintain.
- The Dominer is more affordable than other downhill bikes.
- Vitus includes a chain guide tab to keep the chain on track riding rough terrain.
- The bike is set up tubeless-ready. This allows riders to run lower pressures and prevents frequent flats.
- The SRAM brakes are extremely responsive and work well.
- Sizes small through extra-large allow most adult riders the ability to utilize this downhill shredder.
- Vitus specs the Dominer with a 7-speed SRAM or 10-speed Shimano downhill-specific drivetrain.
4 reasons not to buy
- The Vitus Dominer’s frame does not have a protective finish. The frame can easily become damaged.
- The bike is heavy at almost 40lbs.
- Testers experienced kickback in the rear with the coil shock build.
- Chain slap occurred frequently on the Dominer.