BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at email@example.com with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Vitus Dee. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Dee was great value, especially on models with hydraulic brakes.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes responded with confidence.
- The Dee was rugged enough to hop curbs, hit pot-holes and ride trails.
- VR models used a quiet and simple Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub.
- On 7-speed models, the Shimano Tourney drivetrain shifted without issue.
- Mounts are provided for fenders, in addition to rear and front racks.
- Owners described the Dee as surprisingly fast on city streets.
- Vitus’s name-brand handlebar handled deftly, with 660mm of width.
- WTB Nano 2.1” tires were practical for all-weather use on roads and trails.
- Vitus’s own-brand grips, tires and saddle made for a comfortable ride.
- The Dee weighed less than comparable bikes in this price range.
- Assembly usually only required attachment of the handlebar and pedals.
- Extras included basic tools, touch-up paint, protective stickers and a bell.
- The Vitus saddle was described as comfortable, but ugly.
5 reasons not to buy
- Numerous owners saw the Vitus saddle as ugly, but comfortable nevertheless.
- Some owners found the rear axle’s hex bolt fiddly when changing flat tires.
- Sizing was limited to only two sizes: ‘S/M’ and ‘M/L’.
- The chubby Dee weighs almost 30lb, as can be expected for a budget ride.
- A hilly-city resident said gear-range on the 7-speed was not conducive to steep climbs.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Vitus Dee 29
As a short-haul commuter, town bike, weekend bike for riding with the kids or down to the pub you would be hard pushed to find better for this amount of money.
Bike Test: Vitus Dee 29
Vitus might intend the Dee 29 as an urban mountain bike, but it doesn’t take much to return it to its roots. It’s a proper mountain bike, albeit a basic one, and it’s properly fun to ride.
Vitus Dee 29: Bicycle Gear Review
It’s been about a month and half, and I’m still riding and loving this bike! It seems solid as ever… Overall this bike is great, and a good deal for winter biking!