BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the UBCO 2x2. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
26 reasons to buy
- UBCO’s 2x2 can carry a 330 lb payload, including rider and cargo.
- With a motor in each wheel, the 2x2’s traction is increased on wet surfaces.
- The 2x2 Adventure is road-legal and ready to be registered for urban use.
- With no gears, the 2x2 is easy to ride, even for novices.
- Range-anxiety is annihilated by the 2x2’s 80-mile potential, from one charge.
- The 2x2 Adventure’s handling and ride quality is said to be great on and off-road.
- An impressive 90Nm of torque is delivered by each of the 2x2’s motors.
- The UBCO 2x2’s trellis frame incorporates sturdy front and rear racks.
- The 2x2 features a steering lock and lockable battery.
- If owners opt-in, they can track and trace their 2x2 using GPS location.
- The 2x2 Adventure is equipped with bright, integrated front and rear lights, in addition to brake, number plate and directional lights.
- The 2x2’s battery is positioned low to provide a stable center of gravity.
- 2x2 models are lightweight for a motorbike, starting at 140.2lb.
- The 2x2’s near-silent motor makes it well-suited to hunting and herding.
- Reviewers said the 2x2 felt very sturdy, loaded-up, or empty.
- The 2x2’s regenerative brakes conserve battery power.
- UBCO’s app gives 2x2 riders detailed information on settings, motor temperature, brake usage and GPS tracking.
- The 2x2’s Tektro hydraulic disc brakes prove plenty powerful.
- The 2x2 is furnished with a 12-month warranty on the bike and accessories, in addition to a 24-month warranty on the power supply.
- A small trailer can be hooked up to the 2x2, for towing hunted prey or cargo.
- The 2x2’s battery features a 12V outlet and USB ports to power tools and devices.
- The 2x2’s LED display shows battery level, speed, trip distance and warning or error messages.
- The 2x2 has no clutch or drivetrain, making maintenance and operation simple.
- The 2x2’s 130mm front and 120mm rear suspension handles urban riding with ease.
- The 2x2 is fitted with a sturdy, stable and well-placed kickstand.
- The 2x2 uses a 10 amp charger that reaches full charge in 6 to 8 hours.
5 reasons not to buy
- Some reviewers saw the 2x2 as expensive.
- With 2.4kWh or 3.2hp of power, some reviewers said the 2x2 felt ‘underwhelming’.
- Under offroad use, one reviewer said the 2x2’s suspension was easily “overwhelmed”.
- One owner experienced faults with the 2x2’s display and clock.
- The same owner complained of poor communication from UBCO.
Expert Reviews70/100 based on 1 expert reviews
UBCO 2×2 Review: Mountain Goat
The 2×2’s goal is to provide an easy ride for people who want to explore the joys of motorcycling freedom without the hassle of a motorcycle endorsement… you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything with its mix of two-wheel drive, moped classification, and range…
UBCO 2×2 – Electric Bike Workhorse
It’s well built, stout, useful, and smartly designed… It is street-legal. It has turn signals, lights, it has a horn… The motors heat up and the power’s dipping on me… obviously this is not a dirt-bike, it’s not meant to be shredding… The price makes perfect sense.
Ode to the Honda CT-90 | UBCO 2×2 Electric Motorcycle
There is a very interesting option, if you want all the great attributes of the Honda CT-90 but in an electric platform. It’s the UBCO 2×2… it weighs less than the CT-90… it’s got the same step-through frame style… this thing is really quiet… It’s got ample storage and tie-down options… I feel like I’m riding a Honda CT-90 but just one from the future.
UBCO 2X2 Electric Bike | First Ride Review
I don’t think anyone’s really paying that much attention to the specs. It’s not really competing with anything. I can’t personally think of anything to compare it to, so it only really had one expectation to live up to for me and that was to be fun and I have to say, “box tick”. It is fun… such grace, such poise, like a mountain goat.
10 Things You Want to Know About UBCO 2×2 5th Generation
The thing to remember about these bikes is that they aren’t a dirt-bike replacement. That’s not what they’re for. It’s all in the name. UBCO bike, Utility Bike Company. These are ‘utility bikes’… They’re easy to learn to ride because there’re no gears, the brakes are like a normal bike and they’ve got a very low center-of-gravity. I taught my 12-year-old to ride this bike in about 15 minutes.