BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Tern GSD. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
27 reasons to buy
- Acceleration was Zippy, aboard the GSD.
- These bikes are tough, pulling both passengers and cargo up steep hills.
- 155mi of range is possible, with a second battery fitted.
- The Tern GSD has a 440lb carrying capacity.
- Owners reported reliability and durability after long mileage.
- A 10-speed drivetrain and 11-36t cassette covered all required gears.
- Magura MT5 four-piston disc brakes were plenty powerful under load.
- 20” wheels maintained stability with large loads and passengers.
- The Clubhouse child seating accessory protected legs and arms.
- Multiple ready-made accessories are available for cargo and children.
- GSDs are fully adjustable to fit rider heights from 4'11" to 6'5".
- Handlebars fold down to allow the GSD to fit in an SUV.
- Framework allows for multiple cargo attachment positions.
- Highly adjustable handlebars can be personalized in multiple ways.
- A low standover height of 20” aids stability.
- The GSD can be stood on end and stored vertically!
- A spring on the front wheel prevents it from flopping.
- Schwalbe flat-resistant tires made punctures history.
- The GSD S00 is equipped with key-matched wheel and battery locks.
- Integrated head and taillights are included on new bikes.
- A telescopic seatpost provides a great range of adjustment.
- Panniers are supplied as standard on the GSD S00.
- A walk-assist mode helps with ramps and building entries.
- It’s available in five colors; beetle blue, black, silver-blue, orange and mango.
- A rear boost thru-axle increases stiffness.
- Full-sized fenders are provided on new GSDs.
- The light and minimal Chainblade chainguard keeps clothes clean.
8 reasons not to buy
- 20” wheels and an aluminum frame can make for a harsh ride.
- With two batteries, a GSD could weigh almost 70lbs.
- Flat-resistant Schwalbe tires could be unforgiving and bouncy.
- The 20” front wheel felt a little sketchy to one reviewer.
- While representing a sound investment, the GSD is expensive.
- This small frame felt undersized, to one 5’8” reviewer.
- A reviewer of small stature had trouble getting the GSD into a vertical position.
- While the S00 comes with an integrated Abus wheel lock, the S10 does not.
Expert Reviews92/100 based on 4 expert reviews
Buy if: You want to replace a car with something practical and fun… Supremely capable compact cargo bike that’s brilliant for everyday life.
Tern GSD Review
Tern’s GSD is in a class of its own — it’s a folding electric bike with huge cargo and kid carrying capacity that stands on its rear end. And it’s amazing.
Review: Tern GSD S10
…if your goal is to reduce the number of trips that you make by car, the GSD S10 is the best way I’ve found… It handles and feels the most like a commuter bike of any cargo e-bike that I’ve tried.
Tern GSD S00
The variable transmission gear system allows you to very finely tune to the optimum gear… I really like the principle of this… We’ve started conversations about replacing the car with a bike like this.
Folding Cargo e-Bike as an Urban Vehicle? | Tern GSD S00
This is a true cargo bike… this thing is built to haul… it’ll take up your Costco run, no problem… Cargo bikes can be difficult to manage… this one is smaller… it’s better for getting up to your apartment.