Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Strider 14x Sport. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- The Strider 14x Sport is a balance bike that can easily be transformed into a pedal bike.
- The bike is constructed of durable steel.
- Experts and users agree the pedal attachment and chainguard are easy to attach.
- The narrow pedals allow the rider to continue to stride and glide as they transition to pedaling.
- The bike is available in three shiny and attractive colors.
- Strider recommends this bike for children up to 80 lbs., allowing a wide range of children to utilize the bike as a balance bike or pedal bike.
- The 14x Sport has a low center of gravity, helping riders maintain stability while riding.
- Weighing in at 12.5 lbs., the Strider 14x Sport is easy to maneuver.
- The seat of the bike is cushioned and comfortable.
- The seat is easy to adjust with a quick-release lever. The seat has 7 inches of adjustment.
- Air tires provide riders with great traction when striding or riding on the Strider 14x.
- The geometry of the bike places riders in an upright position, providing them with control of the bike.
- The Strider 14x Sport is affordable.
3 reasons not to buy
- User’s found that the bike’s optional drivetrain was not the highest quality. Users reported the chain could easily come off or become damaged.
- The chainguard can easily crack.
- The grips on the bike can easily become loose and slip out of place.
Bottom lineThe Strider 14x is a bike that taller children can use to improve their balancing skills. The bike also serves as an entry-level pedal bike, with the easy-to-attach drivetrain and chainguard. The bike is affordable, attractive and durable. User’s stated the chain and chainguard could easily become damaged. The grips may become loose and fall off.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
Stride Bike 14x Review
Strider has found a way to make bikes fun from the second they start pushing to when they start pedaling, at which point obviously the rest of the world picks up the slack. It’s that quick, easy no-brainer to get the little rats out on the bike path that doesn’t take much technical know-how from the parents. So for all us biking civilians, I gotta say thank you, Strider.
Strider 14x Sport Balance Bike Review
The Strider 14x easily converts from a balance bike to pedal bike, making it a great choice for older preschoolers who have not yet mastered a balance bike.
My Wife Builds the Strider 14x for My Son. Unboxing and Review.
The Strider 14x also features narrow pedals to give the ability to balance and stride easily while on the bike.
Best Kid Bike Ever? Strider 14x Adds (and Removes) Pedals
Overall, Strider has done a nice job with this next-generation kid bike. I have long recommended parents look to balance bikes before choosing pedals. Now with this adaptable option on the market, you can get two bikes in one.
Review: Strider 14x Makes It Easy to Switch From Balance Bike to Pedal Bike
New to Strider’s lineup for the 3-7 year old crowd making the transition from striding to pedaling, the 14x is a unique machine that morphs from one stage to the next with your child.
Strider 14x: Balance Bike To Pedal Bike!
I’m so incredibly impressed, the Strider 14x gives kids the comfort of transitioning from balance bike to pedaling on the same bike. Astounding!