Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Strider 12 Sport. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Strider trained kids onto pedal-bikes with no need for training wheels.
- Owners said this bike was durable, lasting 4 years and as a hand-me-down.
- With two seatpost lengths, the Sport had plenty of room for growth.
- The Sport was light enough for kids to carry by themselves.
- Most folk found it easy to assemble the Sport.
- Multiple colors offer options for most kids.
- There are a lot of reports of customer service being helpful.
- A lot of kids were eager to ride the Strider, day after day.
- Many parents saw the Sport as a great way to improve balance.
- With quick-releases, adjustment of handlebars and seatpoles was easy.
- Solid foam tires omitted punctures and the need for pumping.
- It was said that the Sport was both solid and sturdy.
10 reasons not to buy
- Testing detected excessive amounts of harmful chemicals in the Sport’s grips!
- Solid foam tires were slippery and lacked traction on some surfaces.
- Rust was apparent on new bikes and quickly spread on exposed areas.
- Buyers were saddened to find bushings, not bearings used in the headset.
- For some tikes, handlebars were stiff and difficult to turn.
- A few parents felt the Sport was overpriced, considering the build quality.
- Wheel bearings failed after 6 to 11 months, in a couple of cases.
- The seatpost extended below the downtube, striking some kids’ running feet.
- In two cases, the Sport arrived with a folded-in headtube.
- Stickers on some editions came wrinkled and peeling, but rarely.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews45/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October