BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Steppenwolf Tundra. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The front suspension fork is equipped with a remote lockout that is operable via a button on the handlebars. This means that it can be turned on or off via the flick of a switch.
- The Avid disc brakes use mineral oil which means less bleeding is needed, due to the fact that no water and air are entering the system.
- The aluminum frame on the 27.5” model was considered to be light - while the 29er's featherweight carbon frame floated on a higher level.
- Experts and amateurs alike, painted the geometry of the Tundra as ‘racy’. In general, it was described as a ‘very fast’ bike.
- Some buyers thought the price was almost too good to be true. An expert rated the ‘price-performance ratio’ as very decent.
- According to reviewers, photos can not do the Tundra justice. In person, it was depicted as being a great looking machine with a modern design.
- Users say that gears shift smoothly straight-out-of-the-box, with no need for adjustment.
- This handling on this rig is apparently very responsive.
- The Tundra accommodates wide tires, up to 2.5 in the front, by some reports.
- Componentry is generally considered to be of high quality: including DT Swiss rims, Easton or FSA Bars, FSA or SRAM Crankset, Shimano XT Drivetrain and Avid Brakes (according to specific model).
4 reasons not to buy
- One expert felt that the fork on the 27.5 model could be upgraded, but this wasn’t seen as a major drawback.
- On the same model, this expert felt that the brake calipers were not of the highest quality.
- Some riders swapped the Ergon saddle out fairly early. This might be a sign that it wasn’t the most comfortable.
- One user lamented the Tundra’s lack of rack mounts.
Expert Reviews60/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Steppenwolf’s Racing Model, Cheap But Fast
The Steppenwolf Tundra is definitely a great mountain bike. It is ideal for sporty ambitious riders and shows that you can get a lot of bike for little money.