Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Turbo Como IGH. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
21 reasons to buy
- Testers say the Como IGH is ergonomically comfortable throughout, from an upright ride stance to wrist position and gear shifting.
- The Como IGH is easy to mount and dismount, with its ultra-low stepover height.
- Testers say this easy-access, step-through frame resists flex and remains rigid.
- enviolo's planetary hub provides wide-range, stepless gear shifting, low maintenance, high durability & “optimum acceleration”.
- 5.0 riders are treated with automatic shifting via Enviolo’s ‘AUTOMATiQ Pro’ hub.
- Gates’ belt drive is greaseless, quiet & durable, lasting up to 3x longer than a chain.
- Como IGH models come fitted with a rack that can carry 60 lb and is compatible with many child seats.
- Specialized also rate the Como to carry a trailer and cargo weighing up to 132 lb.
- The Como IGH’s range impresses testers, who attained 44-68 miles on the 3.0 under real-world use.
Front and rear lights are included, integrated and internally cabled.
5.0 owners receive a bright 310-lumen Lezyne headlight.
- Reviewers say the Como IGH’s color display is intuitive and easy to use.
- Moderate-width (2.3”) Pathfinder Sport Reflect tires are reportedly plush.
- All models are available in 4x colors and 3x sizes (for riders 5’0”-6’5”).
4.0 and 5.0 models feature a 40mm suspension seatpost.
All models come with full fenders.
- Testers commend the stopping power of the 3.0's Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
- Reviewers appreciate the bike’s “high torque”: 3.0: 50Nm, 4.0: 70Nm & 5.0: 90Nm.
- An anti-theft system allows owners to remotely disable their motor and battery.
- Testers laud the comfort of the 3.0’s SR Suntour fork (with 80mm travel + lockout).
- An integrated USB-C port allows phone users to access additional information and options through Specialized’s Mission Control app.
- The 5.0 integrates a Garmin Varia radar, to warn of approaching vehicles.
- Specialized’s 4 amp fast-charger charges the Como IGH in 4 hours.
4 reasons not to buy
- Specialized’s proprietary bar/stem combo is not easy to replace or upgrade.
- Two reviewers say the bike’s enviolo hub is “heavier and less efficient than a traditional cassette”.
- One reviewer believes that the 3.0 & 4.0’s fork is underspecced for the price.
- A couple of testers felt that removing the Como IGH’s battery is fiddly.
Bottom lineSpecialized Turbo Como IGH 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 models are urban step-through e-bikes that come ready-to-commute, with lights, full fenders, a sturdy rear rack and an internal planetary hub. This enviolo CVT hub (Continuous Variable Transmission) slides progressively into gear, without ‘clicking’ into a certain ratio. On the 5.0, it’s completely automatic! Testers report smooth acceleration and consistent assistance. Reviewers say the Como IGH is easy to use and endorse it for e-bike beginners. It was nominated for 'Urban E-Bike of the Year 2022’ in the Netherlands ‘Fietsawards’.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 6 rated expert reviews
Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 IGH Review
Above average in most ways. The Como IGH does a lot right, in my opinion, and is an excellent cruiser electric bike for people who want power and range with a more active body position. Lighter than most.
Specialized Turbo Como Review, 2023
The Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 IGH is one of the most comfortable e-bikes I’ve ever ridden. The mid-drive motor and Enviolo internal gear hub pairing is a real game-changer… an e-bike for people who like to pedal…
Specialized Turbo Como 3.0
A super-practical and easy-to-ride yet high-tech city e-bike… It exudes solid construction and sleek, smooth design. This is an ‘entry-level’ mid-drive, in terms of raw power.
2022 Specialized Turbo Como 5.0 Review
Build quality is superb. A tech tour de force. The whole beast looks refined and sculptural. Dig the exceptionally quiet and smooth operation of the Gates belt drive. …not just taut and agile, but a ton of fun. Yep, this rig isn’t cheap.
Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 IGH: Urban Elegance [German]
Casual elegance, perfect details, super ergonomics, superior drive system, lots of riding fun – the Specialized Como 3.0 IGH is a convincing urban bike!
Specialized Turbo Como Test: The Best Value for Money on a Bike? [French]
The Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 is good value for money. It’s impressively easy and comfortable, with a sufficiently torquey engine. The Como is equally suited to both specialists and neophytes. It is beautiful. It may be criticized for its weight – which isn’t always easy to handle – and tires that lack grip on slippery ground.
2022 Turbo Como 5.0
Overall, I think this is an exceptional bike. It has a long range, it’s easy to ride, the 2.2 motor is great, the enviolo hub, the Garmin radar, it has a large 710Wh battery. The seat is very uncomfortable to me… I wish there was some type of mount that I could put on the handlebars…