Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Hotwalk Carbon. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- With an incredibly light weight of 4.63 lb, the Hotwalk Carbon is in proportion to child weights.
- This little ripper boasts a full carbon fiber frame.
- With custom lightweight carbon rims, real spokes and proprietary sealed hubs, this bike’s wheelset is made for comfort & durability.
- 2.0”-wide Rhythm Light tires hold air, for superior bump absorption. A tester described them as “really supple” and great for off-road use at lower pressures.
- This Hotwalk uses carbon handlebars with narrow 15 mm grips, made to fit toddlers’ smaller hands.
- Beefy grip-ends protect the Hotwalk, your child and your floor, when it gets dropped on the ground.
- Contrary to toddler bike standards, the Hotwalk Carbon’s components are replaceable & repairable.
- The Hotwalk Carbon’s wheels are larger (and therefore more comfy over bumps) than those of other standard 12” balance bikes.
- The Hotwalk is fitted with an integrated carbon saddle and 22.2 mm seatpost that incorporates a carry handle.
- Moderate tire tread allows kids to switch easily between pavement and dirt.
- Unlike most balance bikes, this rig sports a real threadless headset and 25.4 mm alloy stem.
- Kids are spoiled with a choice of iridescent ‘Chameleon Oil’ & ‘Gloss Red Tint’ colorways.
- A tester notes that the Hotwalk Carbon comes with a torque wrench, for stress-free, precision assembly of carbon components.
- Rounded hub bolt-heads ensure that kids won’t get their clothes or limbs snagged. Reviewers approve.
1 reasons not to buy
- The Specialized Hotwalk Carbon costs a fortune.
Expert Reviews94/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
The Hotwalk Carbon Is a Balance Bike for Toddlers. Yes, I Tested It.
This is the sickest balance bike that you can buy. I could see why it p***es people off, but is this bike actually better? Yeah. It’s got carbon wheels with proprietary hubs, actual spokes and air-filled rubber tires. The diameter of the grips is perfect. I’ve messed around on more balance bikes than I care to admit and this is really good.
Specialized Hotwalk Carbon 12 Inch – Kids Balance Bike 2021 | Review [German]
This, dear friends, is probably the most controversial children’s bike on the market right now. Maybe it’s a bit over the top but it is great. The carbon wheelset is a blatant highlight. It’s really very cool looking. If you have to have it, then yes, you have to have it…
The Best Balance Bikes for 2022: Seven Bikes Reviewed
Specialized Hotwalk Carbon
By far my daughter’s favourite of all bikes on test. Time and time again, she chose the Hotwalk Carbon. All that attention-to-detail makes for a damn good balance bike. It’s light, nimble, and easy to push. If only it wasn’t a thousand pounds and had a little colour.
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October