BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Schwinn Koen. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The Schwinn Koen is available in five sizes. Children 28" to 60" can find a size that fits them well.
- The bike has a durable steel frame.
- The price is extremely affordable.
- Training wheels are included with 12" to 18" sizes of the Koen.
- The bike has a coaster brake and handbrakes.
- A kickstand is included on the bike.
- The size chart is spot on, according to testers.
- The bike has only one gear making it a great entry-level pedal bike for riders.
- Many users agree the Koen comes well packaged to prevent damage during shipping.
- The chainguard fully covers the chain to prevent riders from getting clothes caught in the chain.
9 reasons not to buy
- Schwinn's customer service is not very responsive, according to many. This can be an issue if you have problems with the Koen.
- The pedals are difficult to permanently secure.
- Many users complained that Koen's directions for assembly were vague and hard to follow.
- Tools are needed to assemble the Koen. They are not included.
- The wheels and fork arrived bent and out of alignment, according to many users.
- The tubes included with the Koen are prone to punctures.
- The handbrakes are difficult to engage and adjust.
- The seat and handlebars need frequent adjustment.
- The bike is heavy. Its weight makes it difficult for young riders to maneuver it.