BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Santa Cruz 5010. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- The Santa Cruz 5010 is a lively, 27.5” trail bike with VPP suspension that provides riders with comfort over rocks and roots.
- Experts rarely experienced harsh bottom-outs with the VPP suspension, following jumps or drops.
- The long reach, slack head tube angle and wide handlebars provide riders with excellent stability on the Santa Cruz 5010.
- Adjustable rear pivot points and flip chip adjustments on the bike's geometry allow riders to fine-tune the bike to best suit their riding style and the trails they ride.
- The Santa Cruz 5010 is a fast and efficient climber.
- Experts found that even with the shock in the open position, climbs were bob-free on the bike.
- The steep seat tube angle puts riders in a stable position for technical and rocky climbs.
- Santa Cruz has different chainstay lengths on each size of the 5010 to provide riders with balance and control on the bike.
- A small mudflap protects the shock on the bike.
- The Santa Cruz 5010 has an easy-to-maintain, threaded bottom bracket.
- The bike’s geometry, 27.5” wheels and grippy Maxxis tires allow it to smoothly maneuver through corners.
- The stiff carbon frame and efficient VPP suspension allow riders to accelerate quickly on the Santa Cruz 5010.
- The bike has internally routed cables. Tunnels through the frame prevent the cables from rattling.
- The Santa Cruz 5010 is available in sizes XS through XL, fitting a wide range of riders.
- Experts agree that Santa Cruz Palmdale grips and a WTB Silverado saddle are comfortable.
- The bike's high-quality carbon frame comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The Maxxis DHR II tires provide riders with excellent traction.
2 reasons not to buy
- The bike is expensive.
- Experts agree that the bike is not as fast-rolling as 29” options.
Expert Reviews83/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Santa Cruz 5010 CC X01 RSV Review
The fourth-generation 5010 builds the lower linkage VPP suspension of all the other Santa Cruz trail bikes into a longer, slacker chassis. The result is more capable than ever but detail changes and dynamic ride feel mean it’s still as much of a hell-raiser than ever, even at higher speeds in bigger terrain.
First Ride: 2021 Santa Cruz 5010 – Get Jibby With It
I will say it doesn’t quite have the same level of snappiness as its predecessors – some of that sharpness had been dulled a bit, but that does make it feel better in rougher terrain. It’s become more versatile, even though the amount of travel hasn’t increased.