Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Salsa Beargrease. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The Salsa Beargrease excels at riding through snow and sand.
- The bike is available in sizes XS to XL.
- The bike has numerous fork and frame mounts for riders looking to take on winter endurance races or bikepack on it.
- The bike can be set up to tackle a variety of off-road terrain. The bike is compatible with 26", 27.5" and 29" wheel and tire setups.
- Experts agree this bike is lightweight, making it ideal for fat bike racing.
- The 73 degrees seat tube angle combined with a moderate reach places riders in a comfortable riding position for seated climbs.
- The stiff frame is responsive and efficiently transfers power on climbs.
- The 68.4 degrees head tube angle provides the rider with a position for greater control and confidence on descents, according to one expert.
- The bike is easy to maneuver with its short wheelbase.
- The wide tires provide riders with stability for taking corners smoothly and floating over sand traps.
- The wide tires help minimize chatter from trails and rougher roads.
- There is internal routing for a dropper post on the Salsa Beargrease.
- The bike has the capability of internally routing a dynamo hub.
- The front fork can easily be swapped for a suspension fork.
- The wide handlebars provide riders with extra leverage for climbing up steep trails.
- The standard 27.5” fat tires and wheels that come on the Salsa Beargrease have excellent rollover helping the bike maintain its speed.
- Experts found the stock WTB Volt saddle comfortable.
- The bike is affordable for rider’s desiring a carbon fat bike.
4 reasons not to buy
- The bike is not 2x compatible.
- The Salsa Beargrease is not immediately comfortable for riders. One must ride the bike several times before they feel comfortable on it, according to an expert.
- One expert found the brakes were not the best for stopping at higher speeds.
- The wide tires are loud on paved and buffed out gravel roads.
Expert Reviews78/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
Salsa Beargrease 2021: First Ride Impressions Carbon Fatbike
The bike feels great, still comfortable, still obviously going to be highly capable but its definitely going to fill that niche that I want to fill in my lineup compared to my other two fat bikes and it’s going to be a much faster fat bike.
13 hours ago
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October