Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The Salsa Beargrease excels at riding through snow and sand.
- The bike is available in sizes XS to XL.
- The bike has numerous fork and frame mounts for riders looking to take on winter endurance races or bikepack on it.
- The bike can be set up to tackle a variety of off-road terrain. The bike is compatible with 26", 27.5" and 29" wheel and tire setups.
- Experts agree this bike is lightweight, making it ideal for fat bike racing.
- The 73 degrees seat tube angle combined with a moderate reach places riders in a comfortable riding position for seated climbs.
- The stiff frame is responsive and efficiently transfers power on climbs.
- The 68.4 degrees head tube angle provides the rider with a position for greater control and confidence on descents, according to one expert.
- The bike is easy to maneuver with its short wheelbase.
- The wide tires provide riders with stability for taking corners smoothly and floating over sand traps.
- The wide tires help minimize chatter from trails and rougher roads.
- There is internal routing for a dropper post on the Salsa Beargrease.
- The bike has the capability of internally routing a dynamo hub.
- The front fork can easily be swapped for a suspension fork.
- The wide handlebars provide riders with extra leverage for climbing up steep trails.
- The standard 27.5” fat tires and wheels that come on the Salsa Beargrease have excellent rollover helping the bike maintain its speed.
- Experts found the stock WTB Volt saddle comfortable.
- The bike is affordable for rider’s desiring a carbon fat bike.
4 reasons not to buy
- The bike is not 2x compatible.
- The Salsa Beargrease is not immediately comfortable for riders. One must ride the bike several times before they feel comfortable on it, according to an expert.
- One expert found the brakes were not the best for stopping at higher speeds.
- The wide tires are loud on paved and buffed out gravel roads.
Expert Reviews78/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Salsa Beargrease 2021: First Ride Impressions Carbon Fatbike
The bike feels great, still comfortable, still obviously going to be highly capable but its definitely going to fill that niche that I want to fill in my lineup compared to my other two fat bikes and it’s going to be a much faster fat bike.