Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ride1UP Portola. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Portola’s compact frame, low 15” standover height, and 29” minimum seat height suit smaller riders.
- Reviewers appreciate the minor additional charge to upgrade from the standard 500Wh battery to 643Wh.
- The Portola has alloy fenders with adjustable arms, lights with brake activation, and an integrated rear rack that supports 130lb.
- The rack is compatible with Yepp Maxi child seats and can carry smaller adults (the Passenger Kit costs extra).
- One expert describes the 80mm hydraulic suspension fork as impressive.
- The Portola has mounting points for passenger foot pegs, a front rack, and a bottle cage.
- A tester says the above-average Chaoyang 3” tires provide good grip and a smooth ride on paved roads and light gravel.
- Users can easily configure the Portola for local e-bike classifications and speed limits.
- Reviewers are impressed by the smooth operation and good gearing range of the 8-speed Shimano Altus drivetrain.
- Testers praise the simple but effective strap which holds the bike together when folded.
- The hydraulic disc brakes have “excellent” stopping power, with short braking distances in testing.
- Reviewers say the 60lb Portola “feels light” yet “stable.”
- A tester finds the Portola is quick and easy to fold and unfold.
- This bike arrives almost completely assembled, requiring minimal work to get it ready to ride.
4 reasons not to buy
- Experts agree that the Portola’s compact frame doesn’t suit taller riders despite a listed height range of 4’10” to 6’4”.
- The handlebars can’t be adjusted for height or reach.
- In one tester’s view, the 40-lux headlight isn’t very bright.
- The lack of a horn or bell disappoints one reviewer.
Expert Reviews91/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Is This Ride1UP’s Answer to the Lectric XP 3.0? The Ride1UP Portola Review
Ride1UP’s Portola is a great and affordable choice as a first e-bike. It is certainly worth spending the extra [money] for the… larger battery. And although taller riders will be comfortable on the Portola, the [frame] is ideally suited to those who are shorter.
Ride1UP Portola – The Best Budget Foldable E-Bike
The Ride1UP Portola is an exceptional budget-friendly foldable e-bike with a multitude of attractive features that far outweigh its minor drawbacks… the Portola excels in its category, even outshining competitors like the Lectric XP 3.0.