BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Raleigh Tokul. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- This bike is lauded by almost every owner and expert, for being incomparable in quality - to other bikes in its price range.
- The color scheme and restrained graphics of the Tokul appealed to costumers.
- Experts described this bike as an accomplished climber.
- The Tokul engaged riders with its contemporary, aggressive and slack geometry.
- The SR Suntour shock, featuring lockout, impressed with its tunability and operation.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes proved to be a boon at this price-point.
- Experts have put the Tokul through bunny-hops, dirt-jumps, drops and backflips, without concern.
- Plus-size tires proved good for shock-absorbance and rolling resistance.
- The quality of components was high at this price-point, including Tektro Brakes and FSA Headset.
- A 1x Shimano drivetrain was described as a reliable, modern and low-maintenance addition.
- 15mm thru-axles were praised for their stiffness.
- Experts extolled the Tokul’s cornering ability. The ride was otherwise found to be stable, comfortable, and smooth.
7 reasons not to buy
- Some riders found that the 120mm shocks can bottom out on the big stuff.
- The Tokul 1 experienced a fair amount of chainslap.
- This was found to be a bit of a heavy rig for some riders.
- 740mm bars were considered a bit narrow by modern standards.
- For one expert and some users putting the Tokul under brutal treatment, the crank arm bent.
- Pedals were often described as cheap.
- Some owners did not recommend using the Tokul 1 on trails. Higher models performed well, however.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
2017 Raleigh Tokul 3 27.5+ – Bike Check and Review
What is a good Inexpensive Mountain Bike for beginners?
Raleigh Tokul 4130 Long Term Review
Raleigh has definitely succeeded in producing a solid and, more importantly, fun mid-fat at a midpoint price, and kudos are in order.