Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- This bike is lauded by almost every owner and expert, for being incomparable in quality - to other bikes in its price range.
- The color scheme and restrained graphics of the Tokul appealed to costumers.
- Experts described this bike as an accomplished climber.
- The Tokul engaged riders with its contemporary, aggressive and slack geometry.
- The SR Suntour shock, featuring lockout, impressed with its tunability and operation.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes proved to be a boon at this price-point.
- Experts have put the Tokul through bunny-hops, dirt-jumps, drops and backflips, without concern.
- Plus-size tires proved good for shock-absorbance and rolling resistance.
- The quality of components was high at this price-point, including Tektro Brakes and FSA Headset.
- A 1x Shimano drivetrain was described as a reliable, modern and low-maintenance addition.
- 15mm thru-axles were praised for their stiffness.
- Experts extolled the Tokul’s cornering ability. The ride was otherwise found to be stable, comfortable, and smooth.
7 reasons not to buy
- Some riders found that the 120mm shocks can bottom out on the big stuff.
- The Tokul 1 experienced a fair amount of chainslap.
- This was found to be a bit of a heavy rig for some riders.
- 740mm bars were considered a bit narrow by modern standards.
- For one expert and some users putting the Tokul under brutal treatment, the crank arm bent.
- Pedals were often described as cheap.
- Some owners did not recommend using the Tokul 1 on trails. Higher models performed well, however.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews