Raleigh Carlton Mixte
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Experts described the fluid and silent ride given by the steel frame.
- Both stock models of the Carlton Mixte come equipped with a front rack and fenders, which impressed buyers looking for a practical urban bike.
- The singlespeed version of the Carlton Mixte is equipped with a ratio (42 / 16) that experts saw as suitable for climbing hills.
- A flip-flop hub on the rear wheel, provides for the choice of singlespeed or fixed-gear riding.
- Buyers usually found the Carlton Mixte easy to assemble, given the tools that are provided with the bike.
- The matte color options were attractive to riders.
- Riders of short stature (5’3” and under) found the smallest size of this bike suitable, given the low down-tube on the step-through frame.
- Consumers noted that wheels bolted on without quick-release skewers, to prevent theft.
3 reasons not to buy
- One expert noted that the included rack and fenders led to the Carlton Mixte being more expensive than similar cruisers.
- Consumer reviews sometimes mentioned that the bike arrived with some minor surface damage.
- In some instances, small parts were missing from the package.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
The Best Bikes for Beginning Commuters, According to Cycling Experts
The Raleigh Carlton costs more than similar cruiser bikes, but the built-in rack and fenders make it a value when you consider buying those add-ons for a cheaper bike.
4 Bikes We’re Crushing on Hard in January
With a front rack big enough to hold a backpack or 12-pack, and a steel frame that offers a smooth, quiet ride, you’ll find any excuse to make trips around town.