Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Raleigh Cadent. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- Climbing is easy with a large range of gears provided by a triple chainring.
- Both color-options were admired. Apparently, the green is ‘sick-looking’.
- Owners complimented the Cadent’s finish.
- Reportedly, this rig came well-packaged.
- The Cadent was easy to put together and came with tools.
- Bosses are provided for rear racks and mudguards.
- Ride-quality felt smooth to most owners.
- The Cadent came with tools and was usually easy to assemble.
- Wider 35c tires handled unkept city roads.
- At lower price-points, disc brakes were seen as impressive value.
8 reasons not to buy
- Shimano EF500 EZ Fire shifters seemed basic and lacked resilience.Some buyers didn’t receive instructions and found the bike hard to assemble.
- Components struck some as ‘on the cheap side’. Brake levers are plastic.
- Tubes and tires weren’t particularly tough, being easily punctured by thorns.
- At the higher end of the price range, the Cadent seemed steeply priced.
- Some buyers didn’t receive instructions and found the bike hard to assemble.
- In a couple of cases, brake-mounts were welded incorrectly, making brakes inoperable.
- In one instance, wheels became untrue after two months. In two other cases, they arrived that way.
- Gearing was a bit low. Some owners found themselves smashing top gear on flats and spinning the cranks down hills.