Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rad Power RadCity 3 Step-Thru. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
21 reasons to buy
- The RadCity 3’s step-through design makes for easy mounting and dismounting.
- With 7 gears, a throttle and pedal-assist, the RadCity 3 climbs hills well.
- The Rad Power RadCity Step-Thru 3 is an affordable option for beginners.
- Reviewers are impressed with the bike’s 45-mile maximum range.
- Regenerative braking helps to reclaim battery power upon slowing.
- Testers enjoy this bike’s comfortable and upright ride position.
- A 100mm suspension fork reduces bump discomfort on rough pavement.
- With an adjustable stem & handlebar, this bike adjusts to fit most riders.
- The RadCity 3’s battery is removable for security or off-bike charging.
- Reviewers are delighted by Rad Power’s use of Samsung battery cells.
- RadCity 3 riders have access to an independent throttle.
- A backlit display shows speed, trip distance, remaining charge and wattage.
- Reviewers complimented the quiet operation of the RadCity Step-Thru 3’s motor.
- Riders can recharge devices using the USB port on the bike’s display.
- A Velo Plush saddle is comfortable and features a handle to assist lifting.
- The RadCity 3 is available in either black or white.
- An integrated rear rack carries up to 60lb of cargo.
- The RadCity Step-Thru 3 comes equipped with front and rear fenders.
- An integrated headlight and taillight/brake-light are both included.
- Step-Thru 3 owners are provided with a solid kickstand.
- The RadCity 3 does feature bosses to attach a water bottle cage.
11 reasons not to buy
- At 65lb, this e-bike is lighter than some competing models but is still heavy to lift.
- A mechanic sees this bike’s derailleur, tires and pedals as low-end and ‘cheap’.
- The bike's geared drivetrain and mechanical brakes require regular maintenance.
- Some reviewers say the RadCity 3 doesn’t climb well with its ungeared motor.
- The RadCity 3’s proprietary parts may be difficult to find replacements for.
- A low-cost suspension fork adds significant weight to the RadCity 3.
- Thumb-shifters aren’t the easiest to use when changing gears.
- One mechanic is disappointed that the bike is fitted with mechanical brakes.
- The RadCity 3 Step-Thru’s weight is centered toward the rear of the bike.
- An owner’s bike reacted erratically after plugging a phone into the USB port.
- The bike’s hub motor creates some ‘magnetic drag’ whilst freewheeling.
Expert Reviews64/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Rad Power RadCity Step-Thru Electric Bike Review
This is a fun, easy bike to ride. Riders of all ages and abilities can enjoy the RadCity, especially the step-thru design. It doesn’t feature some of the high-end components, but it does combine quality and function for a solid feel and awesome price point. This is a great starter bike.