BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Rad Power RadRover 6 Step-Thru. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- A 750-watt hub-driven motor provides the RadRover Step-Thru with 15% more torque than the RadRover 5.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru rolls on obese Kenda Juggernaut 26”x4” tires, which are grounded and grippy.
- An adjustable 60mm suspension fork provides the RadRover 6 Step-Thru with comfort on imperfect roads.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s hydraulic brakes require minimal effort while offering powerful operation.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru features a twist throttle that can be operated independently.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s streamlined design features a low-profile battery and concealed controller box.
- An 11-34 tooth, 7-speed drivetrain equips the RadRover 6 Step-Thru with ample gear-range on hill climbs.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru comes fitted with phat-ass fenders.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s suspension fork is adjustable and can be locked-out.
- Integrated front and rear lights power on and off with the RadRover 6 Step-Thru.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru comes equipped with a bell and kickstand.
- A tester successfully rode their RadRover 6 through sand.
- The packaging on RadRover 6 models is described as ample.
- A number of owners found assembly of the RadRover 6 Step-Thru to be easy.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru is supplied with Rad Power’s one-year warranty.
12 reasons not to buy
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru costs 17% more than the RadRover 5.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru weighs 3.1lbs more than RadRover 5.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s 60mm suspension fork offers 40mm less travel than the 100mm fork on the RadRover 5.
- In low or bright light, it can be difficult to read the RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s left-hand display.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru is only available in one frame size.
- One reviewer found the RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s sprung fork to be ‘simple’ and weighty.
- The RadRover 6 Step-Thru’s 2-amp charger takes 6 hours to reach full charge.
- A reviewer finds the headlight on RadRover 6 models to be underpowered.
- At 72.5 lb, the RadRover 6 Step-Thru is heavy to lift or to ride with a flat battery.
- Buyers of RadRover 6 models experienced poor communication and response times from Rad Power’s customer service.
- Some buyers who received faulty RadRover 6 models, could not ride them for months after purchasing.
- A tester notes that the motor on RadRover 6 models continues to deliver power after the rider has stopped pedaling.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Rad Power Bikes RadRover 6 Plus Step-Thru Review
An approachable step-thru version of the proven RadRover fat tire electric bike featuring frame, brake, and battery upgrades for its sixth generation. Available in black or white color schemes, the step-thru offers lower standover and minimum saddle height but introduces some frame flex.
Rad Power Bikes RadRover 6 Plus Review 2021
The Rover is set up in such a way that makes it extremely versatile. It isn’t good for one particular type of consumer, it’s good for a lot of them. That’s mainly due to the way Rad was able to create a comfortable, yet capable fat-tire e-bike.
Rad Power Bikes RadRover 6 Plus Full Review – The RadRover Fat Tire Ebike Just Got Better
A more powerful fat-tire e-bike can be purchased for the same price. I don’t fault those people for wanting the highest-output motor with the largest battery at the best price, but… Rad Power Bikes is the largest seller of e-bikes in North America and potential customers should take comfort in that.
America’s New #1 Selling Ebike? The All-New Radrover 6 Plus
The 6 Plus probably isn’t the kind of bike that’s going to make existing Rad Rover owners want to upgrade but if you’re in the market for your first fat-tire Rad e-bike, I think its upgrades make a compelling case for the $███ premium over the RadRover 5.