BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Prevelo Alpha Two. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Prevelo Alpha Two is designed for children ages four through six that can pedal, with child-sized 95mm cranks.
- The bike is lightweight, making it easy for young riders to maneuver.
- The gear ratio is ideal for most riders to utilize on a variety of terrain.
- The bike has a longer wheelbase for a child’s bike. This provides riders with stability.
- The Alpha Two has a metal chainguard. This is more durable than plastic chainguards, often used on children's bikes.
- The bike has a step-thru design frame that allows room for additional stand-over.
- The Tektro handbrakes are responsive.
- The handbrakes can be adjusted to fit the rider’s hands and increase rider comfort.
- The Kenda tires provide the Alpha Two with great traction over dirt trails and pavement.
- The Alpha Two is available in blue, purple and silver. Experts and users agree the color options are attractive.
- The bike’s grips are mushroom-shaped to protect the rider’s hands.
- The rider’s position is not too leaned forward or too upright. Experts agreed the riding position was very comfortable.
- The bike has a quick-release seat clamp. The seat post is adjustable from 17.7” to 26” to fit a wide range of children.
- The internal cabling and smooth welds give this bike an attractive appearance.
- Prevelo offers numerous accessories for the Alpha Two. These include a bell, lettering with the child’s name, colored grips and a kickstand.
2 reasons not to buy
- The bike is not designed to be used with training wheels.
- The bike is more expensive than some other children's bikes, but experts and users agree the components are not cheap.