Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Prevelo Alpha Three. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Prevelo Alpha Three is lightweight. It weighs just under 19 lbs.
- The chromoly steerer and aluminum alloy fork help keep the bike's weight down.
- The bike has a long wheelbase and wide handlebars, providing riders with stability on singletrack.
- Experts said the bike was nimble and easy for riders to maneuver around obstacles and over roots.
- The seat is easy to adjust with a quick-release seat clamp.
- The bike has eight gears. Riders found the Alpha Three’s wide gear range helped them tackle a variety of terrain.
- The brakes are responsive and easy to reach.
- The bike has a more aggressive stance than some of its competitors. This encourages the rider to have a more active riding style.
- The Kenda Small Block Eight Pro tires provide riders with excellent traction.
- The bike excels on paved trails, roads and mellow dirt trails.
- The bike has a quality aluminum frame. Experts describe the welds as solid.
- The bike has 110mm cranks, specifically designed to provide young riders with efficient power transfer when pedaling.
3 reasons not to buy
- Young riders may find the Alpha Three's trigger shifters more difficult to operate than grip shifters found on other 20” children’s bikes with multiple gears.
- Some experts found that the handlebars were heavy on the bike.
- The geometry of the Alpha Three places riders in a position that may be too aggressive for some.
Bottom lineThe Prevelo Alpha Three is a 20” bike with eight gears. Experts agree the trigger shifter can be difficult for children to operate. The wide gear range on the bike allows riders to adjust for climbing over obstacles once shifting is mastered for the rider. The geometry of the bike puts riders in an active riding position that not all young riders may find comfortable.
Expert Reviews100/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Prevelo Alpha Three Review
Exceptional from top to bottom, the Prevelo is the ultimate ride for adventurous riders in at least size 6 clothes.
Prevelo Alpha Three 20” Kids Bike Review
For smaller riders that are ready for gears, the Prevelo Alpha Three is the ideal 20” bike.
In Review: Prevelo Alpha Three Kid’s Bike
Overall, the build works well—the shifting is intuitive and reliable, and the braking sufficiently powerful.
Prevelo Alpha 3 Review
The Prevelo Alpha 3 is an excellent, lightweight bike, great for kids transitioning to a larger ride with gears.
Biking with Kids: Prevelo Alpha Three Review
We’re fans of Prevelo’s Alpha Three, and highly recommend it for riders ready to step up to a 20” bike!