Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Prevelo Alpha Four. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The Prevelo Alpha Four has a high-quality aluminum frame.
- The bike has a low center of gravity. This gives riders balance and control riding the bike.
- Weighing in at 21.2 lbs, the bike is lightweight.
- The 1.5” Kenda Small Block Eight Pro tires roll smoothly, on the Alpha Four.
- The seat is easily adjustable. This allows riders with 23” to 28” inseams to use the bike comfortably.
- Shimano’s Altus drivetrain provides riders a wide range of gears. The bike has 8 speeds.
- The trigger shifters on the Prevelo Alpha Four allow riders to shift smoothly between gears.
- Straight, child-sized cranks create a narrow Q factor on the bike. This reduces leg splay and helps riders gain better leverage for efficient power transfer.
- The small brake levers are easy for young riders to reach and use.
2 reasons not to buy
- The bike’s trigger shifter is difficult for some children to operate. A grip shifter would be easier for riders to operate, according to one expert.
- Prevelo’s Alpha Four has a higher price point than other bikes in its category.