Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Prevelo Alpha Four. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The Prevelo Alpha Four has a high-quality aluminum frame.
- The bike has a low center of gravity. This gives riders balance and control riding the bike.
- Weighing in at 21.2 lbs, the bike is lightweight.
- The 1.5” Kenda Small Block Eight Pro tires roll smoothly, on the Alpha Four.
- The seat is easily adjustable. This allows riders with 23” to 28” inseams to use the bike comfortably.
- Shimano’s Altus drivetrain provides riders a wide range of gears. The bike has 8 speeds.
- The trigger shifters on the Prevelo Alpha Four allow riders to shift smoothly between gears.
- Straight, child-sized cranks create a narrow Q factor on the bike. This reduces leg splay and helps riders gain better leverage for efficient power transfer.
- The small brake levers are easy for young riders to reach and use.
2 reasons not to buy
- The bike’s trigger shifter is difficult for some children to operate. A grip shifter would be easier for riders to operate, according to one expert.
- Prevelo’s Alpha Four has a higher price point than other bikes in its category.
Bottom lineThe Prevelo Alpha Four is an 8-speed bike. 24-inch wheels and Kenda tires smoothly carry riders over a variety of terrain. The seat is easy to adjust on the Prevelo Alpha Four, fitting children between the ages of 7 and 10. Several features on the bike are specifically designed for children. Experts agree that although this bike is light, attractive and high quality, it is more expensive than others in its category.
Expert Reviews100/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Prevelo Alpha Four 24 Review
Built with trigger shifters and a wide gear range, the 24 inch Prevelo Alpha Four is ideal for adventurous riders who need a technical bike for basic trail riding or aggressive neighborhood riding.