Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Nukeproof Mega. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The Nukeproof Mega is confidence-inspiring on descents with 160-165mm of travel in the rear and 170mm of travel in the front.
- Experts were pleased to find that the bike uses a SRAM UDH derailleur, making it easy to replace if needed.
- The threaded bottom bracket on the Mega is easy to maintain.
- 800mm wide handlebars offer riders a stable and balanced ride on the Nukeproof Mega.
- The bike’s saddle is offset, helping distribute the rider’s weight as they climb.
- Test riders were stoked to discover the Mega has room for a 750ml water bottle.
- Nukeproof offers this bike with 29” or 27.5” wheels and tires. This allows riders to choose a bike that best meets their riding style.
- With builds available in aluminum and carbon, riders can find a bike that best meets their budget.
- The bike has protection on the downtube and chainstays. This keeps the frame from being damaged by rocks and other trail debris.
- The geometry of the Nukeproof Mega places riders in a position of control through tight, technical terrain.
- The 38mm offset of the bike’s fork helps keep the bike in line.
- Each size of the Nukeproof Mega is specced with a dropper post of a proportional length.
- Testers found the shock tune of the Nukeproof Mega to be progressive. It offers excellent midstroke support to riders.
- Michelin tires come standard on the bike. Experts found they offered great traction and rolled smoothly through corners.
- The Nukeproof Mega's shock has a climb switch, offering riders a firm platform for more efficient climbs.
- Users were pleased that a chainguide is included on the bike.
2 reasons not to buy
- The Nukeproof Mega is not an all-round bike. Experts found it to have more travel than necessary for cross-country trails and too little for true downhill routes.
- The price of the bike is not as affordable as others in its category, due to the high quality components it comes specced with.