Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Mondraker Foxy. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Mondraker Foxy has 150mm of travel in the rear and 160mm of travel upfront. This allows riders to tackle chunky, steep terrain on it.
- The Mondraker Foxy excels at descents, with its stretched wheelbase.
- Broad turns are meant for this bike. It swoops through them with ease, allowing the bike to gain speed quickly.
- The bottom bracket of the Foxy is threaded and easy to maintain.
- A shock fender keeps dirt and grime out of the shock on the bike.
- Cables are quietly routed through the frame on the Mondraker Foxy.
- The head tube angle is adjustable by 1°. This allows riders to fine-tune the bike to their riding preferences.
- Testers found the short stem, steep headtube angle and 44mm fork offset help keep the bike in line.
- The bike has excellent midstroke support. Riders found this helped them maintain traction when they had to get out of the saddle on climbs.
- Mondraker’s Zero suspension setup and the Foxy’s wide gear range make this bike a capable climber.
- The 66° head tube angle on the bike is steep. It allows riders to maintain control through slow, technical terrain and tosteer quickly around obstacles at speed.
- Experts were impressed that the Mondraker Foxy is coil shock compatible.
4 reasons not to buy
- With its long wheelbase, the Mondraker Foxy is difficult to maneuver through tight and twisty terrain.
- Experts found that the Foxy's frame lacks protection, allowing it to easily become dented or scraped by rocks and other trail debris.
- Test riders agree that the Mondraker Foxy has more pedal bob than other bikes in its category.
- Experts agree that the bike is expensive.
Bottom lineThe Mondraker Foxy is designed to take on rocky and steep terrain. The bike has a long reach, lengthy wheelbase and steep head tube angle that provide riders with stability when descending. Experts found that with its long wheelbase, the Foxy can be difficult for riders to maneuver through tight switchbacks. Overall, the bike is high-quality but expensive.
Expert Reviews70/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Mondraker Foxy Carbon 29 RR 2019 Review
At the heart of the Foxy 29 is a rather sleek and well-proportioned carbon fibre frame, but as ever, Mondraker’s calling card is the long-reach, short stem Forward Geometry.
Bible Review: Mondraker Foxy 29 Carbon RR
The Foxy is efficient: crisp pedaling without any hint of a chain-tension induced on/off feel.
The Mondraker Foxy RR Slays, After a Brief Adjustment Period [Review]
First off, the Foxy RR is a bike built for anyone who races enduro or rides similar tracks.
Mondraker Foxy Carbon RR 29 First Ride Review
The Spanish brand has plugged large wheels into a familiar package that mates its long and low ‘Forward Geometry’ with its ‘Zero’ suspension system.
New Mondraker Foxy 29 2020 – Short Review
This bike is an average climber. It’s a big enduro bike.
2019 Mondraker Foxy RR 29 Demo Test Ride on Chimney Gulch Trail at Golden Bike Shop Bike Junkie
Pretty cool bike, it’s pretty long, but they don’t have a slacked-out head tube angle.
Mondraker Foxy 29 Ride/Review
It’s just so easy to throw around, for such a big bike on paper.
Tested: Mondraker Foxy 29 RR
So the Mondraker Foxy 29 has a long—very long—front end, and you’ll notice that on the trail.
2019 Mondraker Foxy 29
The Foxy Carbon 29 is pretty stretched out, and swinging a leg over the bike, that’s fairly apparent — it feels long.
The Mondraker Foxy Carbon RR 29 Will Push Your Descending Limits
The smooth ride and long, stable geometry that make it feel like the ride is slower is also what contributes to inspiring the confidence it takes to ride harder and get the feeling of speed back.
Mondraker Foxy RR 29
Mondraker has been on the leading edge of mountain bike design, and the Foxy RR 29 is no exception.