BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at email@example.com with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Marin Muirwoods. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- This adaptable pony was at home in cities and woods, on gravel and asphalt.
- This rig was a stellar commuter, but also easily tweaked for touring and bikepacking.
- Pedalers dug the tricolor, Rastafarian paintjob.
- A wide and ample range was provided by the Muirwoods 27-speed drivetrain.
- The chromoly steel frame offered a smooth, compliant ride over rough surfaces.
- Braze-ons catered for three bottles, racks and mudguards.
- Tire clearance ensured plenty of room for 29”x2.0 tires.
- Hydraulic disc brakes were entry-level but powerful and easily serviceable.
- The Muirwoods struck owners as sturdy and tough enough to mount curbs.
- For one owner, strong Vee-Tire Speedsters lasted 1000 mi, through 4 seasons.
- Stock wheels weren’t light, but were tough enough for offroad applications.
- The SR Suntour crankset, coupled with Shimanos Altus kit (Front) and Alivio (Rear) – made for a simple but reliable drivetrain.
3 reasons not to buy
- Factory brand wheels were durable, but somewhat heavy.
- Stock handlebars were wide, prohibiting rockstar-messenger traffic weaving.
- The Muirwoods was slightly heavier than some aluminum competitors.
Expert Reviews86/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Marin Muirwoods: Stylish Urban Warrior with a Heart of Steel
It’s a great commuter, but can be adapted for touring or mountain biking.
Bargain Hybrid Bikes: Marin Muirwoods Review
Solid and tough, this is a great commuter that has plenty of appeal beyond the working week.
Long Term Review of the Marin Muirwoods – Budget Tourer, Awesome Commuter
The Kona Sutra LTD and Specialized AWOL shout out about clearance for tyres above 2.0 like that’s a big deal, but here we have a pretty affordable bike that has the same for far less. No-brainer? I think so.
Test: Marin Muirwoods 2019 – Urban Steel with a Touch Of Nostalgia [Slovak]
The bike is built on an honest steel frame that, with a little care, will continue to function calmly in twenty years.
Test: Marin Muirwoods – City Training [Polish]
Muirwoods is primarily a comfortable bike for everyday riding, which in its simple design hides more character than many other more expensive bikes. The most interesting element of the bicycle is the steel frame and fork.