Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Juliana Wilder. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- Experts and owners describe the Wilder as an aggressive climbing bike that is still stable on descents.
- Testers feel the Wilder is a good choice for avid trail riders who want a light, nimble hill climber.
- The Wilder's suspension design propels the bike forward rather than upward when the suspension rebounds.
- Experts say the 29" wheels and suspension pair well to create a smooth ride.
- Juliana is a female-specific brand, so the Wilder is optimized for average female weight and proportions.
- Experts appreciate the size-specific geometry, cranks, and chainstays.
- Riders (especially those needing small frames) love that Juliana fits two bottle cage mounts inside the bike's small triangle instead of the usual single bottle holder.
- Experts are impressed by the electronic drivetrain and wireless dropper post equipped on the top X01 build.
- Juliana offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and bearings.
- Cable routing is fully internal for better cable protection.
- Owners like the color choices, especially one dubbed "Purple Sweetness and Lavender."
5 reasons not to buy
- Reviewers find the Wilder to be expensive, especially the top build.
- According to some testers, the 120mm (front) and 115mm (rear) travel may be too much for serious cross-country riders.
- Experts feel that a bottle cage mounted on the outside of the downtube would be easily damaged, making that mounting point redundant.
- Reviewers find the SRAM X01 AXS drivetrain a pricey upgrade, arguably without the performance to match.
- Testers are disappointed by the stock Maxxis Rekon tires.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!