Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Juiced RipCurrent S. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
23 reasons to buy
- The Juiced RipCurrent S is a Class 3 electric bike. Its maximum speed is 28 mph.
- The bike comes with a one-year warranty.
- Assembly is a quick and easy process. Tools are included. Juiced also offers videos to assist users with the process.
- The bike is available in three sizes: medium, large and extra-large. This suits most riders that are 5’4” and taller.
- 4” wide tires allow riders the ability to traverse over snow and sand. It’s suggested riders run lower tire pressures for this type of terrain.
- A rear rack is included on the bike. It can support 45 lb. This feature allows riders to commute on it.
- An integrated front light is included on the bike. It is very bright.
- Fenders help protect riders on wet and rainy days. They are included.
- The Kenda Krusade tires have puncture protection and provide excellent traction.
- The bike has a torque sensor that controls the power delivery from the motor.
- The RipCurrent S has a sufficient range of 40 to 120 miles, depending on the load and level of pedal-assist in use.
- With 80 Nm of torque, the bike can power up hills.
- There are mounts for two water bottle cages.
- It’s easy to mount a phone or Bluetooth speaker on the bike, according to one expert.
- The LCD display allows riders to monitor their battery, speed, distance and more. The amount of information on it greatly pleased experts.
- The geometry of the bike paired with wide tires and handlebars provides riders with a stable riding platform.
- The 30.4 mm seat post can support larger riders, according to testers. This is a wider seat post than past models of the bike used.
- The brakes have a cut-off to the motor that allows riders to stop quickly and safely.
- Juiced placed the charger port in the ideal location. It is high on the downtube and away from the cranks.
- The 80mm air suspension fork provides riders with comfort over trail obstacles and rough roads. This has adjustments and a lockout on it.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes perform well and stop the bike quickly.
- The mid-rise handlebars are adjustable. This allows riders to fine-tune the bike to their height and body type.
- A rear light is included for additional safety.
6 reasons not to buy
- Experts found the motor can overheat on long climbs.
- Chain slap can damage the frame. There is no protection preventing this.
- The tires lack reflective sidewalls.
- The headlight is mounted on the shock. This can give an unpleasant strobe light effect over rough terrain.
- The rear light operates separately from the bike. It also runs on AAA batteries which need to be replaced on occasion.
- The Juiced RipCurrent is heavy.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Juiced Bikes RipCurrent S Review
The “S” used to stand for “Speed”, as in “Speed Pedelec”, a way to differentiate it from the slower RipCurrent model at the time. Now both models are capable of reaching 28mph, but the RipCurrent S does have a more powerful motor that peaks at 1,295 watts (vs the 1,036 of the standard RipCurrent).
Best Electric Bikes
1 day ago
1 day ago