BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Juiced RipCurrent S. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
23 reasons to buy
- The Juiced RipCurrent S is a Class 3 electric bike. Its maximum speed is 28 mph.
- The bike comes with a one-year warranty.
- Assembly is a quick and easy process. Tools are included. Juiced also offers videos to assist users with the process.
- The bike is available in three sizes: medium, large and extra-large. This suits most riders that are 5’4” and taller.
- 4” wide tires allow riders the ability to traverse over snow and sand. It’s suggested riders run lower tire pressures for this type of terrain.
- A rear rack is included on the bike. It can support 45 lb. This feature allows riders to commute on it.
- An integrated front light is included on the bike. It is very bright.
- Fenders help protect riders on wet and rainy days. They are included.
- The Kenda Krusade tires have puncture protection and provide excellent traction.
- The bike has a torque sensor that controls the power delivery from the motor.
- The RipCurrent S has a sufficient range of 40 to 120 miles, depending on the load and level of pedal-assist in use.
- With 80 Nm of torque, the bike can power up hills.
- There are mounts for two water bottle cages.
- It’s easy to mount a phone or Bluetooth speaker on the bike, according to one expert.
- The LCD display allows riders to monitor their battery, speed, distance and more. The amount of information on it greatly pleased experts.
- The geometry of the bike paired with wide tires and handlebars provides riders with a stable riding platform.
- The 30.4 mm seat post can support larger riders, according to testers. This is a wider seat post than past models of the bike used.
- The brakes have a cut-off to the motor that allows riders to stop quickly and safely.
- Juiced placed the charger port in the ideal location. It is high on the downtube and away from the cranks.
- The 80mm air suspension fork provides riders with comfort over trail obstacles and rough roads. This has adjustments and a lockout on it.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes perform well and stop the bike quickly.
- The mid-rise handlebars are adjustable. This allows riders to fine-tune the bike to their height and body type.
- A rear light is included for additional safety.
6 reasons not to buy
- Experts found the motor can overheat on long climbs.
- Chain slap can damage the frame. There is no protection preventing this.
- The tires lack reflective sidewalls.
- The headlight is mounted on the shock. This can give an unpleasant strobe light effect over rough terrain.
- The rear light operates separately from the bike. It also runs on AAA batteries which need to be replaced on occasion.
- The Juiced RipCurrent is heavy.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Juiced Bikes RipCurrent S Review
The “S” used to stand for “Speed”, as in “Speed Pedelec”, a way to differentiate it from the slower RipCurrent model at the time. Now both models are capable of reaching 28mph, but the RipCurrent S does have a more powerful motor that peaks at 1,295 watts (vs the 1,036 of the standard RipCurrent).
The Juiced RipCurrent S is a fat bike and an electric bike. It can also serve as your daily commuter. It comes with a rack and fenders. The bike is stable at speeds up to 28mph. The bike has a very bright front light. It also comes with a rear light. Unfortunately, the rear light is not integrated and requires batteries. The Kenda tires are puncture-resistant but do not have reflective sidewalls. The bike is heavy. This makes it a challenge for some to maneuver and transport.