BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Intense Tazer. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- Progressive geometry suited fast, winding trails while maintaining a stable ride.
- In ‘boost’ mode, riders said it climbed rugged hills with the vigor of a frightened cat.
- Fox’s e-bike 36 GRIP2 suspension fork was described as “sublime” by one expert.
- A steep seat angle kept riders’ weight forward on climbs.
- The Tazer’s rear linkage and DPX2 suspension setup was progressive and deep.
- Shimano’s STEPS E8000 system kicked in assist with absolute minimal lag.
- A long reach kept the Tazer stable at speed and comfortable on long-distance rides.
- The wide 2.8” rear tire on a 27.5” wheel, dug in with ample traction on climbs.
- Riders can select their level of input with three levels of assist; Eco, Trail and Boost.
- In tests, Maxxis Minion tires were grippy and tough.
- A 504Wh battery allowed for ample ride distance without concern over running flat.
- Under assist, the 11-speed Shimano SLX drivetrain provided generous range.
- Shimano’s full-color control unit was compact, direct and straightforward.
- The Shimano STEPS 504 Wh battery is designed to be easy to swap out at the trail.
- The width and shape of the Intense Recon Alloy handlebar satisfied experts.
- There is room to attach a water bottle cage in the main triangle of the Tazer.
- Powerful braking is supplied by Shimano 4-piston hydraulic brakesets with 200mm disc rotors.
6 reasons not to buy
- An expert felt that reach on the Tazer was too long.
- A test rider wasn’t too impressed by battery life on the STEPS E8000 system.
- Battery rattle was consistent on one reviewer’s test-bike.
- A long-term reviewer said the battery compartment let in a little water.
- The Fox Transfer dropper seatpost sometimes failed to fully extend.
- One reviewer felt that rear wheel clearance was limited, moreso with a fender attached.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Intense Tazer eMTB Review
The Tazer is mighty impressive. It’s an innovative setup… a solid and well-rounded package that really excels on trails… When it comes to value, despite being a boutique brand, the Tazer isn’t too much of a credit wrecking proposition compared to similarly specced rivals thanks to their shift to direct sales…
Reviewed: Intense Tazer
…you are getting a full carbon frame which is littered with candy sweet components, including the best e-Bike motor in the game… I constantly felt as though I was riding right on that threshold… Yep, this bike sure does feel fast.
Intense Tazer Long Term Review
…the Tazer isn’t a bike designed for pootling, it rewards hard, aggressive riding…
The Tazer is a lot of bike for the money. The geometry is nimble yet forgiving. The way this bike is set up makes for a confident ride over everything—dirt, rocks, logs, singletrack. It takes it all in stride.
The Intense TAZER and My 2 Favorite eBike Uses!
I really like this bike… It’s gonna take pretty gnarly, unfun trails and tame them and make them very enjoyable.